Lee76

Paid Subscription

Hi, I just paid the subscription fee and recieved an error message ‘account locked error’ I e-mailed the address given and that bounced back as ‘invalid address’ then tried to use a link on the same subscription page which also was rejected. Managed to type a message on another page contact where it said I have created a ‘ticket’ but thought I’d Post here too on the off chance someone would read this and tell me what to do.

Thanks

Lee

I just paid for my subscription the other day as well, and received the same error.  I also emailed the given address and it bounced back.  Even with those errors and issues, I logged out, logged back in, and noticed there were some new menu entries for me including "+Model," "+Video," "+Trade," etc.  They work, so the subscription was updated immediately.  See if you have those new menu entries as well.

When you go to your profile home page, your membership number is in the address bar at the top

• Like 1

Pretty sure you have to post pictures of yourself dressed as "Tamiya guy".

Was looking for my old one but cant find it now, anyway, you gather all your Tamiya clothing, put it on, take selfie, use as profile pic, hope to become honorary member for the dedication shown to the brand.

Same as Speedy did above,...

if that doesn't work, I think netsmith or twinset will sort you out.

3 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Pretty sure you have to post pictures of yourself dressed as "Tamiya guy".

Was looking for my old one but cant find it now, anyway, you gather all your Tamiya clothing, put it on, take selfie, use as profile pic, hope to become honorary member for the dedication shown to the brand.

Same as Speedy did above,...

if that doesn't work, I think netsmith or twinset will sort you out.

I did all that, unfortunately all I got was a modelling contract for a Japanese clothing company. 

Membership number is still no where to be found on any of my profile pages, so hopefully netsmith or @TWINSET

will sort me out. Until then I’m booked to stand outside the O2 in my tamiya costume with a box of fliers.

20 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Lee76, your number is 50992 per the web address (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=50992).

That’s great, thanks for that, using the I pad I couldn’t see the full address, only the site name on the profile page, but I see now it comes up when I try to change the address bar content.. it appears I just got to my stop on the technology bus...

thanks again for the lift speedy!

50992! I don't suppose Chris every thought he would have some many members. I'm the 4th member and I remember uploading model pictures to test the original site out!

On 11/25/2018 at 8:50 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Lee76, your number is 50992 per the web address (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=50992).

He is officially an Evo 3 Diff Joint - congratulations!

• Like 1

Thought I'd jump on the end of this thread rather than start a new one.

I've just signed up as a subscriber and got the same message 'Account locked error' - I followed the instructions regarding emailing to the 'Support@' email address but wasn't sure if there was anything else I needed to do, or even if of was something you needed to be made aware of here?  :D

EDIT: just had an email bounce back to say that the support email address isn’t working.

Max69vk

Think its actually a just a badly worded message and in fact you account subscribed successfully (its just a problem with how the order in which confirmations come back from paypal - they all come through in the end, but not always in the order the system expects). Looking at you account, it seems to be a full subscriber one

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=41551

If you've still got problems log out and log back in again and let me know if it clears it. If not let me know

5 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Max69vk

Think its actually a just a badly worded message and in fact you account subscribed successfully (its just a problem with how the order in which confirmations come back from paypal - they all come through in the end, but not always in the order the system expects). Looking at you account, it seems to be a full subscriber one

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=41551

If you've still got problems log out and log back in again and let me know if it clears it. If not let me know

Looks all good so far!

Thanks, Max