BBenny

Wanted: grasshopper 2 front damper, or similar

Hello,

I'm refurbishing my 1991 Grasshopper 2 but have lost the front dampers.

It's a runner, so I don't need the original part necessarily. I wondered if anyone might have some friction units to get rid of.

I can surely get parts on ebay, but thought these things might be out there looking for new homes.

I guess other suitable donors would be Grasshopper 1, Hornet, Rising Fighter, DT02 DT03 (non-oil)

Happy to pay postage + a beer/coffee

thanks for reading

Ben

Hi

I might have some shock parts I don't know weather they will fit the grasshopper II. is it possible to photograph the shock absorber so i know what bits your looking for.  

image.png.297de572bbdebfd28223e8979bfa00d7.png

This is how the original is arranged. I can find a way to fit the more usual front shock eg from the later chassis DT range. They need next to no damping and a mild spring rate.

I have the springs but missing the C11 part, and also the A2 attached to the swingarm.

I'd be interested in anything really, although I have since found the DT01 front dampers at Tonys Tamiya parts if nothing secondhand surfaces.

As an aside, I've got my friend to print this out for me (Thingiverse), might help fit any small shock:

image.png.2fab4f75199b87d7aac438c363bf098d.png

Thanks

I have had a look for the C11 and A2 parts and I don't have them sorry, I have had a look on eBay as well to se if there was anything sadly there isn't. I do however have a pair of grasshopper 1 front shocks the might be transferable. I hope this helps.

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the offer. I've realised the GH 1 set up is quite different to the gh2. I'll probably try and get the a and c parts online. Cheers Ben

Hi. I've just bought an old GH2 that I might be upgrading but I haven't decided yet. It might take me a while before I get to look at it, what with Christmas and all that. Are you in a rush to get the parts you're after?

38 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

Hi. I've just bought an old GH2 that I might be upgrading but I haven't decided yet. It might take me a while before I get to look at it, what with Christmas and all that. Are you in a rush to get the parts you're after?

Yeah, ditto. I am currently rebuilding a GH2 and in the new year I am definitely buying a set of replacement oil shocks for it. However, I can't justify buying the new shocks until the new year and I will be away visiting the gf's family for three weeks over Christmas in any case. But if you can wait until January, you can certainly have my old set.

Cheers guys!

I went and bought the A parts sprue. I found springs and damper rods in the spares box so nearly there. It can drive now but I would like to get hold of the C11 washers that support the springs under the uprights. 

My experience running 1990s Tamiya mini oil shocks in the GH2 resulted in broken uprights on the chassis. They might have been sticky or over -sprung/damped though. I wonder if the DT03 oil shocks might be better.