Sign in to follow this  
nowinaminute

Wanted: MRC road winner (and variants of same chassis) Gears and drive shaft

I have a couple of Bandai Intercepters I want to get running but I'm missing a few gears and the driveshafts. I'm missing the big spur gears and bevel gear that goes between the driveshaft and front diff.

They sold this chassis under about a dozen names such as Monogram Tornado and Brushefire, Maplin/MRC/Sammo Road Winner, Hoptron Condor, Hoptron Condor, Spica Super Frog, Joustra etc

BUT...from what I can make out, MRC was the only company to sell any significant amount of spares so that's probably going to be my best bet. 

They used to sell a complete gear bag set that also came with the drive shaft, that's what I'm looking for. I know they come up on ebay occasionally so I just wanted to see if anyone here had one or if they could keep an eye out?

There's one guy on ebay with some but his store is currently closed.

If anyone can help or just keep an eye open for me I would be most grateful! 

Hopeful little bump.

Sadly, the guy who was selling them on ebay passed away. That's why his store was closed.

I saw an online store selling some too and recklessly dived in and bought two. Nothing turned up. Turns out the entire website is a scam, they just copy listings from ebay and take your cash. I tried reporting the site to Google (they used Google pay as their payment method) and their web host but neither were prepared to do a thing to stop the site operating.