acprc

Tamiya TGS XBG Nitro restoration

12 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

Glad to see you’ve found abother set of wheels, that’s brilliant! 

Yes I was starting to look at Complete Lexus kits just for a set of wheels!

Found the missing servo stop on Ebay. Somebody was breaking a TGS and had listed it. Paid £5 but it also came with the servo saver and servo rods so not a bad price. With that last piece I am now just waiting for the body to come back from my painter.

Another thing I have done (and I have been doing this for a while on my 1/1 scale Land Rover Discovery restoration) is get the European Union CE stickers copied, designed and printed. I use a company called www.stickersinternational.co.uk and do the designing myself. I am also doing the nitro warning decals for the chassis and fuel tank lid.

I now have 50 mettalic stickers on the way for £15.

If you didn't know all of the Tamiya kits sold in the EU that were RTR had the sticker applied. Once I get them I will add them to the chassis, and indeed lots of my other kits as well.

Second pair of wheels and the missing servo stop fitted

IMG-5872.jpg

and the EU stickers I had produced were fitted

IMG-5873-2.jpg

Love the wheels, glad you’ve got a full set. 

That sticker looks original 😎

So today the project was finished. Body came back yesterday and she looks stunning!

IMG-5934.jpg

IMG-5933.jpg

I hope you liked the thread. Thats all for now on this one.

• Like 7

That looks lovely, good job. The wheels really suit the shell. Nice addition to the collection 

• Like 1

Thanks, unlikely I will see another any time soon but a nice addition to the collection

So, out of the blue one of these kits has appeared for sale in Japan. More importantly it shows how close we  got to the original. Not bad at all. I have had a bid to hopefully get the box! @jonboy1

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 12/9/2018 at 2:21 PM, acprc said:

During the week I have an apartment in Ludwigshafen

I stayed in Ludwigshafen a few times many years back , a very nice place and lovely townsfolk . It is also the twin town of where I live here  ;) ,

16 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

I stayed in Ludwigshafen a few times many years back , a very nice place and lovely townsfolk . It is also the twin town of where I live here  ;) ,

I had a great year living there, came back to the UK full time in Feb 2019. 

• Like 1

Well, looks like I won the auction for £24. Quite a bit for a box but I get the car thrown in! Box will join my collection as I doubt I will ever see another. Will wait and see what to do with the TGS chassis. I have some spare bodies so it will probably get sold. I will however keep the original body in the box for nostalgic reasons!

• Like 3

A small update when I wasn't expecting to do anymore!

I browse the Japanese auctions daily and this caught my eye. Listed as just Tamiya body Skyline. On closer inspection it was a Factory finished body for the kit and it even had the cut out window to confirm it. £31.60 later and its mine!

Skyline-1.jpg

skyline-2.jpg

skyline-3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

You lucky devil.

You've got a better collection than Tamiya now. Lol

Would be interesting to know if Tamiya do have one of everything they have ever made? I would like to think they have but I am willing to bet they dont.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 6:54 PM, acprc said:

Would be interesting to know if Tamiya do have one of everything they have ever made? I would like to think they have but I am willing to bet they dont.

I'd love to think that they do. A million TT01E chassis with all the different bodies.

• Like 1

Well out of the blue (literally!) a development on this thread. A NIB kit came up in Japan and I simply had to have it in my collection.

box top.jpgBox end.jpgInside.jpgLeft Side.jpgright side.jpgFront.jpgBack.jpgchassis top.jpgEngine.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, doesn’t get any more mint condition than that 👍🏻

On 7/23/2023 at 5:05 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Wow, doesn’t get any more mint condition than that 👍🏻

Its a good find. Currently on its way to the UK

• Like 1