Fuijo

Re-re-re Avante Black Special

I don't know if I've got a blind spot or something, but looking down the rere forum I just can't see it.

Looks like it's coming back again. https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=6271&lang=eng

This really should be a lesson to all of us I guess, never to pay inflated prices for a reissue model.

Will I be getting one? Probably not sadly, because I have too many cars for my own comfort.

Do I wish I'd bought one of these instead of my Egress? Well, yes, a little bit. :)

Yeah, it's been on the radar for a while (was announced with the Super Astute - https://tamiyablog.com/2018/08/future-tamiya-rc-re-releases-super-astute-avante-black-special/). Unsure there's any motivation for the Black Special from my perspective as the differences to the standard one seem to be negligible, in fact, I like the look of the standard one better!

I wouldn't be disappointed with the Egress purchase instead of that, the Egress is a STUNNER and the next evolution from the Avante.

• Like 1

One gets jaded after re-re. :( 

Becomes "CBF'd" after re-re-re <_<

Apathy becomes disgust when it's re-re-re-re'd :ph34r:

cash cows y'all! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

i have been trying to find one at a reasonable price the people who have them want  alot more guess i'll just wait unless someone knows where to find one at a normal price

Somehow, "probably not" has turned into definitely. I really don't know how it happened. One minute I didn't have one, the next minute I did.

The bit in the middle is a bit hazy.

Apply Gel-type threadlock (available seperately). Seriously? On a kit costing this much, we couldn't have a free pot of threadlock thrown in?

That aside, what a lovely kit! I can't wait to get started.

So I've been wondering about this. The re re ABS is a slightly different box and different part number from the first release. From a collector standpoint, do you think this would make a difference in value between the two? I'm going to build one of these and keep the other NIB. Not sure which one to build lol. What do you guys think?

J6hUOVw.jpg  

4 minutes ago, Theibault said:

So I've been wondering about this. The re re ABS is a slightly different box and different part number from the first release. From a collector standpoint, do you think this would make a difference in value between the two? I'm going to build one of these and keep the other NIB. Not sure which one to build lol. What do you guys think?

J6hUOVw.jpg  

No idea, but surely first will always be better than second?

• Like 1

If 84270 has the ball-diffs, Steering bridge and the one-way, plus the optional black wheels, then I'd say that's the one to keep NIB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fuijo said:

If 84270 has the ball-diffs, Steering bridge and the one-way, plus the optional black wheels, then I'd say that's the one to keep NIB.

You know, I didn't realize this. I thought they just re did the release the same. My first edition also came with a speed controller (I'm trusting the sticker on the box as I haven't removed the cellophane). 

Tower is running a coupon on the Black Special today.  I put one in my cart and it brought the price down to $363.30!  Coupon is SAVEBIG, if I didnt already have one...

I have been arguing with tower, they won’t ship internationally now, oh well someone else can have my bussiness

Has anyone found out whether or not there's any difference between the black special and the re re? 

Just had a major reminder of the snooze you loose kind. Thought I'd answer my own question by getting a re-re Black Special. Two ebay stores had stock on wednesday, went to place a order just now and there was zilch. I absolutely hate this, because now the mild curiosity is in danger of being replaced by an absolute need to have one. And that's just plain stupid since I've got two from the first run. 

Some years ago I visited a Hobby shop in Malaysia and saw couple of NIB Black Specials on shelf.

I wanted to buy one and surprisingly the dealer told me they were part of his private collection and refused to sell ! (This was not Stargek in KL but another dealer.)

I hope he really was collecting for himself and not for profit ! 

Anyway i still wanted to get something so i bought from the same shop a re-re Sauber c9 with painted body.

I found out later on when i returned home that it was missing the sport tuned black motor ! (Home is 6000 miles from Kuala Lumpur)

Due to this i have lost confidence in Hobby shops and i try and inspect contents of a box before i purchase :unsure:

Maybe someday i will have an Avante:rolleyes:

On 1/15/2021 at 6:46 AM, Robert5000 said:

Has anyone found out whether or not there's any difference between the black special and the re re? 

The Original also came with Black Egress wheels. I think that and the model number are the only differences.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GTodd said:

The Original also came with Black Egress wheels. I think that and the model number are the only differences.

Thanks! Now I won't have to hit myself over the head for not picking up one of those re-re Black Specials. 

I think there must have been some stock found somewhere 

Tamico also had a number of clod block specials come into stock

annoyingly I jumped at a 2011 avante reissue just weeks before that - **** 

JJ