Only4Fun

Silver Tape for Led's

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some of the silver tape Tamiya use to hold the led wires on the body on their XB's. Preferably in the UK please.

Thank you :D

20181206-135325-Snapseed.jpg

• Like 1

The Tamiya tape is fiber reinforced because it was originally intended for lexan body reinforcement and repairs. not needed to tape up some cables of course, but if you want the original tape, it's available at a reasonable price from Tamiya:

53351 Aluminum Reinforced Tape.

Model-Car-Shell-Reinforcement-Paper-TAMIYA-Tamiya-53351-Carcase-reinforcement-paper-aluminum-tape-For-HSP-RC_jpg_640x640.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aluminium tape has a very good adhesive and because of its stiffness can be formed tightly to the wires, though it will tear easily, even cut when you drag your finger nail along it if its bridged. I used it on PU roof insulation boards like celotex. It will also peel of reasonably cleanly. 

The duct tape products often fibre reinforced have a thicker adhesive which will definitely leave a mess on the wires and body if you ever remove it, probably clean off with acetone or meths?

You’ll get all these kinds of tapes from Screwfix too (see below) you get more tape for the same money here.

E7A62C0A-93F5-4EC8-B0BB-60A43FD715D8.png

• Like 1