delche

Thoughts on XV-01

I’m thinking about getting one of the XV01 kits with the long dampers and I was wondering what people’s thoughts are about these? Are they fun to build/bash?

I enjoyed the build on mine. It was a bit more complicated than the previous ta02 chassis I built and it took me ages to get thd steering set up. I built mine with a high torque servobsaver and the hop up alloy dampers but the steering rods kept binding with the chassis and in the end i think i had to flip the ball hex to the top side of the wheel hub and dremel out a small section of the front wheel well.

Once finished though it feels very very solid. It seems to be made out of a much more robust plastic than the other chassis'

The XV-01 is my favorite car to run.  Search for some recent XV-01 threads and you'll come up with a lot of good feedback on that chassis. 

Yep. It’s a more complicated build than say a tt02, but not too strenuous. There’s plenty hop ups if you want to bling it.

for driving, it’s a lot of fun. I have a long damper and it gets the most runs out of all my cars  Handles nicely, is quick enough on the stock motor, and can take a reasonable bashing. 

I’ve only upgraded the front suspension mounts on mine so far. The front arms kept popping out on some heavy collisions with stationary objects. :lol: a run the other day post upgrade where my poor driving meant I drove my xv01t at a good pace in to the side of my xv01ld ( piloted by by young son) resulted in some twisted bodywork but suspension intact.

If you want a rally car, I’d don’t think there’s a better option, certainly from Tamiya.