gizard

Aero Avante DF-02 shell to fit TT-02B?

Anyone know if the Aero Avante DF-02 shell would fit a TT-02B ?

My suspicion is yes. (only a suspicion) 

The reason is that if you look at DF02 Gravel Hound body, and TT02B Plasma Edge II body, they look very similar.  I'm suspecting that they might be the same.  If so, Aero Avante DF02 shell should fit TT02B.  

I think the Plasma Edge and Plasma Edge II bodies look identical and one is for DF02 and the other for TT02B. Like @Juggular this is my view and not from me having both, but all signs point to yes. Also Juggular is really smart so hes probably right

• Like 1

The bodies are mostly identical, but it might be worth checking the body post locations and the cutlines around the front shock towers as they may have been edited, like the GHII shell was subtly edited to fit the DT-01.

• Like 1

Hmm thanks for the info - I guess the post position might be the problem here. What I am trying to is spruce up my TT-02B (decided to keep it!) and wanted a new but different shell already have 2 TT-02B ones  -Dual Ridge (pretty tired) and Neo Scorcher. I fancy trying to re-create the Metallic red colour of the Aero Avante special....

• Like 1

Okay, a smart person would be cautious, and that's what TurnipJF was saying...  So it would be worth checking.  Oh, the rear post might be 1cm different?  I wonder if that could be covered up by a sticker and a new hole drilled?  Though, Aero Avante is a bit tricky because it's on the fin of a sort. 

PrIs5vx.jpg

Ujgt874.jpg

By the way, if I (sometimes) get things right, that's only a beginner's luck. (which could be running out any time soon now, considering how often I said, "you are right" to other members recently.  And I often say that when I get it wrong...  but here is the real trick.  If I say "you are right, and I'm wrong," amazingly, people tend to forget that I got it wrong, even though I'm freely admitting that I got it wrong.  So people end up thinking that I get things right.  It is a mystery how that works.) 

• Like 3

Oh that is a good comparison shot thanks. I know what your saying about being wrong, if you are and you admit it in these sort of circumstances people will forget ;) whereas if you are wrong and don't admit it they will not not! :( - I am not saying you are wrong or right - just glad of the help !

To my mind the Chassis look very similar in shape in fact the tt-02b slightly wider at the front or rather the chassis on the DF-02 starts to narrow towards the front Axle slightly earlier, this is slightly inverse towards the rear not as much though.

The Aero Avante shells I have found on Ebay seem to have holes already cut.

Just wonder what the metallic red was used on the DF-02 Red Special....

• Haha 1

I dont think its a standard ps-paint colour you can buy in cans. The special edition coloured metallic editions seem to have a special chrome spray based finish.

• Like 1

Well I guess I'll need to find another supplier - I do have an airbrush so options should be okay.

Clear red, and then chrome could make colors like that.  

YWNsYOL.jpg

Or on HARD-surfaces, gold could be done like this... but not sure about the Lexan. 

"Molotow" marker could be taken out of the pen, and then sprayed for chrome also.  So...there are many ways to skin a cat, as they say, but which works for Lexan, that's the real question.  

Hi there.  I just wondered if this worked?  I’ve got a Neo Scorcher witch ive hopped up and have fair few spare parts to build another buggy so have a blank page for which body to use.