Sign in to follow this  
Superba

Rear oil shocks for the Mad Bull?

Hi, my Nephew wants some oil shocks for his mad bull. Can anyone give me the part number required for them? or recommend non Tamiya shocks that are decent and reliable? Thanks in advance

Tamiya 54567 is the cheapest set that will fit. These have fixed pistons though making them a little less adjustable. Probably won’t matter on a mad bull. 

Next step up same thing but with stronger shafts and changeable pistons 

Rear 50520 front 50519

finally alloy set 53926

dont bother with aftermarket on a mad bull, the laydown position on a mad bull puts a lot of un natural load on the shafts and many cheap aftermarket shocks would just bend there soft shafts.

I used the 50520 and 50519 CVAs on my Mad Bull as well.  For the rear, use the softer spring and very light weight oil, like 100 cst or 10 wt or 15 wt.  The front can be more typical with medium springs and 400 cst or 40 wt or 45 wt oil.

If your trying to stop it “hopping” changing the shocks will have minimal effect. The grass hopper has a very similar back end suspension, there’s a reason it’s called that. 

Foam in the rear tyres will help, or better rear tyres. but otherwise, just more power. :D

Great car, still one of my boys favourites, will pull wheelies at half throttle. 

As usual, thanks for all the help and detail, you guys don't know how much it helps old duffers like me. On another note, shout out to Elite Models Sittingbourne, always super helpful and helped me out with some handsome advice again today. Always support them now with purchases, some things the internet simply cannot do.

I used Traxxas Slash Front shocks and springs on the rear of my MadBull.  They were a direct fit and really improved the hopping around that the car had with the normal pogo sticks.