DeeDoubleYou

Wanted: TA03F bathtub chassis

Hi,

Does anyone have a standard TA03F chassis with battery stay they’d like to sell?

I picked up a cheap TA03F a few weeks back, but it’s had a chunk of the chassis cut away to allow a hard case battery to be fitted.

Not looking to make this mint, just useable!

TIA

Nobody?

I’ve seen loads of threads where people are rebuilding these with the carbon chassis kits, surely someone must have a scabby, old, plastic chassis knocking around?

I'm nearly finished with a TA03 dual motor project (based on a TA03F), not sure what I'm going to be doing with in going forward but thoughts of making my own carbon chassis grow almost daily, I realise this isn't much help to you in the short term but if I do end up going ahead, I'll keep you in mind

Thanks Colda, I’m keeping an eye on eBay and may end up buying another TA03F in its entirety yet, but please do give me a heads up if you do want to move that chassis on cheaply ;)

Waterbok, I don’t know enough about them to say this for definite, but I’m pretty sure they’re different. I think I have that TA03R on my watched items already! Thanks for the pointer though.

I have a spare old TA03F chassis tub if your still after one?

Its used but solid and completer with no damage,

The R chassis is different in that the battery is front biased and the servo sits ontop of the battery. The F chassis has a rear biased battery and a standard servo placement, And the -S variants are for the short wheelbase models like the Porsche 911 GT1,Peugeot 206 WRC and Toyota Corolla WRC :)

James.

Hi Jim, thanks, I might be interested! 

Two questions...

Does it have the battery retainer?

How much would you want for it?

I’m possibly buying another compete car, but I could have two compete cars this way!

Thanks again

Hi, I will need to check, I have a huge box of TA03 spares. But I will check later and get back to you :)

Are you UK based?

James.

Haha, try up here in Aberdeen ;) . There would be no charge just enough to cover postage. Any other TA03 bits your after? 

James.

Oh wow, that’s very good of you! 

I have no idea if I need any other bits, I think the car I have looks complete aside from the chassis being hacked up!

Shall I PayPal you over some money then?

Hi, yes that's fine. Sorry about the delay in replying managed to prang my real car today at 5mph on black ice 😡 so will pop up the loft tomorrow and get it all sorted for you 👍

James.

Ah rubbish, sorry to hear that.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m off work after breaking myself on my MTB (hence dragging out little projects to tinker with) and my mate manage to prang my car for me, as he had to drive us home from Wales!

IMG-20190204-1547126.jpg

That's it there. It has some weird discolouration on it but if you scratch it with your nail it comes off, no idea where that has came from as it's only been up the loft. So would benefit from a hot soapy bath with a toothbrush to scrub it. 

James.