Sign in to follow this  
Rb4276

Txt 1 & txt 2 propeller shaft

Are the txt 1 and txt 2 propeller shafts the same? I have someone locally selling nib part #58280. Reason i am askijg is i thought i read somewhere going back that the shaft size is different but cant remember for sure

I'm pretty sure the prop shafts are the same between the TXT-1 and TXT-2 Agrios. Tamiyabase list the part as being compatible between the two models. Now the Juggernaut 1 (and 2, I believe) did use a smaller shaft size which wouldn't work.

Thanks, im pretty sure it is too but i swear i read something going back it went from 5mm to 6mm to add strength/durability. 

TXT-12 are the same as Saito said.  If you're going to run the truck don't even bother with the stock shafts, just replace them with Emaxx shafts and be one with it.  Pretty much indestructible on a TXT where the stockers inevitably will wear out over time if they don't fail first.  Traxxas shafts are also a lot less expensive.

I am going to do the emaxx conversion next. Someone locally had a brand new set for $20 for sale so i picked them up. Ill see how long they last with my castle 3800 kv brushless i have in it now. Its not crazy fast or popping wheelies but i hhvae it turned down with plenty of torque now

It's pretty self-explanatory once you have the parts and truck in front of you.  The only necessary modification is a small bit of grinding on the trans housing.  If you need some help I can take some photos of my shafts.  I meant to post some before, but forgot to snap a photo.

• Thanks 1

Thanks after the new year i will purchase the shafts and pm  you if that is ok

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

It's pretty self-explanatory once you have the parts and truck in front of you.  The only necessary modification is a small bit of grinding on the trans housing.  If you need some help I can take some photos of my shafts.  I meant to post some before, but forgot to snap a photo.

No problem.  I'll post some pics here later also.  Be sure to get Revo shafts, they're a bit stronger and larger than the Maxx shafts.  You need a full set of (4) as you will need the slip yoke end on both ends when you adapt them to the TXT.  There are writeups on this, check out rcmt.net & clodtalk.net.   It's very simple though.

Bumping this, recently snapped a yoke and looking for options. Traxxas or otherwise.

I have found out that thundertech used to offer HD driveshafts but no longer. I may have found another option but nothing is certain yet.

4 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Bumping this, recently snapped a yoke and looking for options. Traxxas or otherwise.

I have found out that thundertech used to offer HD driveshafts but no longer. I may have found another option but nothing is certain yet.

These work and are heavy duty but need to be machined 1 mm to fit the shafts, they were recommended by a guy who builds monster trucks from scratch and machined them for me after i purchased. 

7BECD6D3-84DB-4E9C-A59E-BC79265B96D0.png

So I am out of the country for the next few weeks. I have a set of steel shafts on the way. Until then, I cannot find good info for using Traxxas parts to get the truck going. Is there a link to somewhere with a parts list?

5 minutes ago, geniusanthony said:

So I am out of the country for the next few weeks. I have a set of steel shafts on the way. Until then, I cannot find good info for using Traxxas parts to get the truck going. Is there a link to somewhere with a parts list?

There was a site that had a complete breakdown how to use the traxxas shafts. It may have been clodtalk, i cant remember. There was a guy also selling them on ebay for around $60. 

2x Traxxas 5458X Differentinal and Transmission Yokes (1 Pair)
2x Traxxas 5650 Center Half Shaft (1 Set)

optional
2x Traxxas 5459 Rubber Driveshaft Boots (2-Pack)

Everything should just fit except you'll need to dremel the transmission casing just enough so the beefier parts fits.