Boddney

What Chassis is this Please?

I’m still looking for a bargain basement TT01/2. Found this on a local selling page but can’t identify it. Any ideas please?

Ta

Bod

C30B3F4B-EE02-4750-8DF4-888E94C034D6.jpeg

177E8E95-805E-4E26-9BB1-0132AA66C9E2.jpeg

That’ll do me. I won’t bother with it then.

Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

TT01.

Indeed. Specifically, a TT-01E.

(Recognisable by the revised shock towers and the inclusion of a motor cover and plastic upper deck.)

• Thanks 1

Ah ok thanks. Missed out on this one too on the evilbay. It went for £43 which I thought was quite a lot for an unknown, well worn looking chassis. My highest bid was £38 but this is the third one I’ve missed out on so it looks like the market is forcing me to up my game.

21 hours ago, Boddney said:

How are you able to tell the difference?

Most obvious difference between TT01 and TT02 is motor position. TT01 has motor on left side, TT02 on right side (looking from rear end). Others are subtle design changes.

Typical for TT series are shape of steering linkage (almost identical in 01/02) and massive upper suspension arms (slightly smaller in 02)

• Thanks 1

If you are looking for just the chassis, how about having a look at the sale section on the Tamico website? You can pick up a brand new basic TT chassis kit for very little money.

Thanks. I’ve had a look there. Most are about £60 and that is really double what I want to pay for a static car that going to be sitting in my shed. 

My ideal would be a worn, tired and dirty one that I can strip, clean and put back together with the only change maybe being the wheels if they’re not the right look.

Mind you, this is a possibility. It works out at £36.08 + P&P.

Still a bit over but worth a look if  I can’t find a cheap cheap one before I really need it.

410E010E-4E3A-459B-9C14-C91A99CD2FC7.png