Saito2

So, what have you done today?

I upgraded my fathers old pocket lamp for night travels to the toilet. Always complaining about how he cant orientate, I decided to step his lamp game up.

now will he not only see, but always wake the old lady up while firing up this torch.

1S 400mAh Li-Po, “touch sensor” for on/off, two color modes and charging cable.

I am sort of jealous, but will not be, as this is considered a gift. :) he likes it.

betndg0.jpg

oJzLbTc.jpg

7cZUqRO.jpg

NTSCpqP.jpg

bUicgBd.jpg

LlEWVRQ.jpg

vm7WKZh.jpg

• Like 3

Lately small amount of wood work I have done.

bird houses are a thing now.

Robins and sparrows homes

sparrow

6dCNI1m.jpg

robins home design
GqN0sfQ.jpg
cSmIR3l.jpg

this is next to a hostel with the same name, for a friend.

euIZzoi.jpg
KVtT0DA.jpg

also painted some shelfs of recycled wood planks :D

QsnCtiM.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a lovely place where you live. I dont think ive seen a blue sky for more than an hour at a time in weeks.

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Looks like a lovely place where you live. I dont think ive seen a blue sky for more than an hour at a time in weeks

Thank you.

I live in Dubrovnik, the pearl of the adriatic sea.

I used to live in Germany, but once you get used to the sea... a lot changes.

• Like 3

Just finished this project for my Mazda today; it's a wireless charging cradle for my phone so I can run extra gauges, navigation, and/or music for long periods without killing the phone's battery.  Main features:

• Adjustable spring-loaded rubber roller fingers make it easy to accommodate different phone sizes and easy to insert/remove the phone with a single finger and thumb (one-handed attachment).
  • Charging pad is Qi-compatible and can charge many phones with either 5W or 10W of power; starting/stopping charging is automatic with the insertion/removal of the phone.
  • Pivot ball attachment means the charging pad can rotate 90 degrees so the phone can be held in either landscape or portrait mode; angle can be adjusted for best viewing.
  • General appearance is coordinated with OEM interior trim.

Here's how the dash looked before modification.  The only modifications at this point included the Sony head unit and the inverted color (red on black) HVAC display above the radio.

IMG_4828.thumb.JPG.a072f05fcc00793e6859a467b6788828.JPG

Here's the project results without a phone installed.  I bought a triple gauge pod center trim panel from cp-e, bought a wireless charging pad, and then 3D printed the black plugs and silver rings to fill the gauge pod.  For the plug and ring parts I printed them first, applied a layer of contour putty, sanded everything smooth, used some filler primer to hide minor imperfections, and then shot different colors.  The plugs are shot with a dark matte charcoal/black fabric/vinyl paint; the gauge rings are shot in Duplicolor "Precision Metallic Gray," supposedly a Nissan color but it matches HVAC vents, cluster gauge rings, HVAC controls, and steering wheel trim pieces perfectly.

IMG_4829.thumb.JPG.4bcd53df21487a892232cf7340c9d76e.JPG

One of the things I wanted to do was make it easier to run/use Torque on my Android phone.  Torque is a cool application which will show real-time gauges, log data, and show diagnostic codes, among other things.  Since the continuous display uses battery at a steady rate, having the charging pad means the phone isn't depleted by the time I arrive somewhere.

IMG_4830.thumb.JPG.f4f87f58a5f33924e5f4ff055a3e2786.JPG

It's also nice to have music or navigation at a more convenient location instead of the center console storage bin or cup holder.  The Sony head unit has Bluetooth music streaming and hands-free calling; the mic is at the left side of the storage bin.

IMG_4832.thumb.JPG.4f79d3d2c512f869d9c77fc0247d5e4e.JPG

I'm pretty happy with the outcome of the project; it adds some modern technology to an older car, makes the feature convenient to use, saves the phone's battery, keeps the phone at instrument-level, and doesn't clash with the OEM interior scheme.

• Like 3

Today I built a weight rack for my gym.

A1A0F8BC-8A81-4BAB-BB48-6B5B6C18CBF4.jpeg

• Like 1

Took the car I bought my old Man couple if years ago to make it ready for the next year.

I found out car parts are really cheap nowadays.

I paid today for 5l Yacco 10W40 oil, Desno Spark plugs x4, Champion oil filter and Mahle air filter 50€.

later today I found a shop selling parts until 14.02. With 33-40% discount and free shipping.

Paid for two front wishbones and a set of brake pads front rear 70€ !!

I think tamiya parts are more expensive???

to be honest, he changes oil once a year and does about 15.000km a year so those cheap parts are more then good. 

by the way the car is a 2006 Renault Megan 2 1.4 16V 72kw model. Not really powerful but this engine is in good condition and doesnt use oil at all even after 268.000km. Even tho the previous owner mentioned something about the piston rings being replaced? Not sure anymore but I like the Renault.

mine is Black, also on 16” Renault alloys with 205/55-16 dimensions, quite big for a tire back in the time on a 1.4i vehicle. Nowadays they deliver the new Corsa or Clio on 16”s.

RENAULTMegane3doors-1971_3.jpg

I am sure this car gots his design heritage from the historical race cars of renault back from 1926

Edited by Fabia130vRS
  • Like 1

My Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie Light 2015 has been due to maintaince at 19.000km.

A quick belt change and variator weights with variator sliders. All cleaned with a air blower and light sanding. Greased where needed.

I used a Einhell IW 950 electric impact tool. while puting the nut back on I used some bolt glue.

Oil change done with Motul oil. 1l was enough.

Lxd186P.jpg

TgtRrQ7.jpg

XPgtnI9.jpg

rFXqGtS.jpg

WECHMym.jpg

Z84bbFC.jpg

• Like 1

Did a quick fix on one of my led reflectors I have been using. The cable broke, shortened it and resolderd the wires. Voila!

XNVJdGI.jpg

Yc297l5.jpg

yMcfple.jpg

I had to use a heat gun to open the reflecor. Glass temperature after opening 108Celzius the housing and leds around 70C.

Bought a Piaggio Hyper 2 Pro 2T LC engine for my other project a rebuild and tuning of a SR50R Aprilia Scooter.

this engine was a bargain, for 60€ It comes without carburator and exhaust… but… a Malossi Multivar 2000 is installed and the correct clutch spring setup in the rear. 
also electric windings and oil pump is there. I am going to give the engine a new set of crank bearings and its ready to be installed.

DHYjG6A.jpg

• Like 1

so the Piaggio 50 Hyper 2 Pro engine above, is clean now. almost as new.

It will bi build back to original factory state with restrictions.

Kcl8wDx.jpg

2LBi7sR.jpg

F8GsUbC.jpg

I cleaned the oil pump, and lubed its bearings, just like RC...  ^_^

g6v64T2.jpg

new bearings for the water pump also... :lol: I used the Factory shaft and impeler from Piaggio, by far the highest quality and tolerance quality.

jjY6LPG.jpg

The electro starter also recieved some oil and a run in...

5LoqdHP.jpg

• Like 2