Sign in to follow this  
tamiya3speed

Tamico to USA

Trying to talk myself out of the 277 EUR TXT2 on special at Tamico.  I have used a local shipper in the past for small items but their (Tamico's) shipping at 40 EUR (and taking away VAT) seems a good price for such a large box.  Anybody in the US aware of potential import fees on such a big purchase?

I have not heard of US customs charging anything.  As far as I know, up to a certain amount (I don't know, like $2500 ?), it might be tax free. 

So, unfortunately, I can't help you restrain yourself from enjoying TXT2.  

Nor could I.  Then I went to Tamico to price it out with some spares and it's back up to 349EUR.  Oh well, I have a Top Cat and Avante Black Special on back order so really couldn't afford it anyway.  Still curious on the customs thing if anybody in the US has ever used them.

It will come up on offer again. I just found out I got paid early but not early enough to take advantage of this offer. :(

Was going to get this last year but got a Clod instead. (Note to self)Must keep checking Tamico website.

I have purchased atleast 4-5 kits from Tamico, and never had to pay any sort of fee. Shipping time is usually around 2 weeks to the U.S.

how do you order to america as there is no usa shipping choice?

On 5/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, Finnsllc said:

how do you order to america as there is no usa shipping choice?

Right now you can't. They've disabled shipping to several countries in their system. I messaged them and they responded that they were overwhelmed with domestic orders and shipping to some countries was not practical. Timetunnel and a few others have done the same thing.

Asiatees has a lot in stock, most priced reasonably compared to Tamico. Even with shipping costs they're cheaper than anybody on the US side. There was a brief 2-3 day delay when I placed the order, but the kits arrived 5 days after that. RCMart was a bit slow for a while, but they too are back up to speed. My kit from them arrived within a week.

I'm the US and ordered a kit from them about 5-6 weeks ago to "hold" for me until they are able to ship.  Earlier this week I inquired about shipping status and they said they needed another 16 EUR in order to get it shipped.  I paypal'd them the 16 EUR and then asked today for a shipping status.  They stated they still aren't sure if I'd get the parcel so it doesn't sound like they are shipping.

It's confusing because there are no shipping restrictions from Europe to the US that I can find documented due to Covid-19.  If they are imposing their own that's fine but be clear about that.  I'm also not sure what I paid the 16 EUR extra for.  Getting a little frustrated...

So Tamico shipped my Novafox.  Looks like you can order from Tamico now and get it shipped to the US.  Good news for everyone I suppose.

As far as I can tell they're not taking new orders to the US still as of 7/14/2020, just filling open orders from before the lockdowns. They've removed the US from the list of countries on their website, so you can't set it as the destination address.

That’s a real bummer they can’t ship to USA , was looking forward to order some parts that they have in stock that eb*y don’t have.

I just tried to create an account just now but there is no country choice of USA in the country selector pulldown, so apparently they really don't want US customers right now.  Canada either.   Mexico is OK, though. :wacko:

FWIW I wrote them a few weeks ago. They are willing to ship to the US, but you need to e-mail them the list of items and the shipping address. They then generate the shipping costs. The process is a little awkward, apparently due to restrictions from the shipping companies and Covid. As a result their website can't generate the quote automatically.

I have not yet ordered via this method, but they were friendly in explaining it via e-mail.

May 2021 update - Tamico website still won't allow US as an address, but they happily allow orders via e-mail. I sent them a list of what I wanted, they generated a quote and sent me a paypal link within just a few hours. Shipping was very reasonable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, isomer1 said:

May 2021 update - Tamico website still won't allow US as an address, but they happily allow orders via e-mail. I sent them a list of what I wanted, they generated a quote and sent me a paypal link within just a few hours. Shipping was very reasonable.

Be aware of import VAT charges?. Don't know about the USA but in the U.K, we have to pay import VAT..

Four kits and related gear to USA. About 7 days and zero VAT, tax, import duty, whatever. I’m in NH and we do not have sales tax, and I’m not sure what role this played either. Regardless, this is my go to Tamiya shop from now on. I can literally buy, depending on the model, two kits for the price of one compared to USA pricing. Thanks Tamico!! I’ll be back!

• Like 2