Juggular

What are you getting for Christmas?

We RC folks tend to order our own surprises...  

So what is Santa bringing for good boys and girls?  

• Like 3

My wife is very good at picking up on my RC-related hints, so I am anticipating a M-07 Concept chassis kit. There is a suitably-sized box under the tree...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As in "The Postman Brought Me" thread, I was really expecting this to arrive in 2019, but I guess its early delivery means Merry Christmas to me!

2epr5hj.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grastens said:

As in "The Postman Brought Me" thread, I was really expecting this to arrive in 2019, but I guess its early delivery means Merry Christmas to me!

2epr5hj.jpg

Very nice! For the shelf, or will it see race use?

• Thanks 1

A fortnight of fun with my son, getting to see him enjoying opening his presents, which is far more priceless than anything that comes in a box for me. Besides, I've got a hotshot, a TXT-1, and  a War Rig to run, so I'm happy with what I've got :)

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Very nice! For the shelf, or will it see race use?

Thanks to the kit having two bodies: yes! :D

• Like 1

For myself? Nothing I know of, all spare cash went on the wife and family. However in a blizzare "pigs might fly" act of generosity my works bought myself and my supervisor a couple of hobbyking SCT kits in the sales. Probably to use as leverage for overtime in the new year!

vfgL8cF.jpg

• Like 6

An Agrios TXT-2! Though it is for me and the boy. And Mrs BC has always liked monster trucks so it might end up being hers. More likely if I don’t get her Mini finished...

• Like 2

Seeing as it arrived yesterday, I guess my Chrimbo present to myself is a Super Astute.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Only4Fun said:

This  :D

s-l1600-2.jpg

I’m thinking about buying myself one of these as well

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Seeing as it arrived yesterday, I guess my Chrimbo present to myself is a Super Astute.

Me too! After a very very long stint at work I decided to treat myself and was going to go for the astute but thought I'd give myself a bit more of a build challenge so I went for the topcat👍 I'm also hoping for some fresh new bits for my dremel off Santa😉😁

40 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Pants and socks and a lynx gift set if ive been a good boy.

Same as every year basically.

yep....:rolleyes:.....:lol:

• Like 1

Nothing; we're on a pretty tight budget this year, so we're skipping the gifts and just cooking/baking some yummy stuff. But I get the whole week off next week, which is gift enough.

But my birthday is 2 weeks after Xmas, and I've already dropped some hints... I have a whole wish list of little stuff from RPP Hobby.

• Like 4

Lego X-Wing and Sand Speeder from my lovely wife. I caved and ordered a Super Astute for myself. If it makes it here, it will be the first time I've smelled a fresh kit (tires and all) in some time now.

• Like 2

A dremel for me.  One of those things that I always meant to buy and have needed a thousand times so finally got one.

I hinted that I need a Top Force and Super Astute but that was met with eyerolls and my wife telling my friend that I have more cars than I could ever need and no more are allowed into the house.  She hasn't said anything about how many boats (or planes!) I'm allowed and has enabled me by getting me a dremel...

• Like 3

At this stage judging by shape under the tree, a metre long Toblerone again. Only just finished last years. Still rather that than Pants, socks & Lynx ‘gift’ set 😂

But I did get a nice eVoucher from work for 5 years service. Although it’s for a Supermarket, Supermarkets sell all sorts of other more appropriate gift cards that can be used at Hobby Shops or eBay 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I hinted that I need a Top Force and Super Astute but that was met with eyerolls and my wife telling my friend that I have more cars than I could ever need and no more are allowed into the house. 

Hopefully Santa will bring you a shed, that will fix that problem 👍🏻 

Dont forget the shelving too. 😉

• Haha 1

I asked Santa (my wife) for:

• a few different 3D printer filaments, including flexible filament to try making some tires
  • a desktop vinyl/fabric cutter for making paint masks and decals, and also cutting fabric for my wife's quilting
  • a few rolls of solder in different diameters to replace my almost-gone roll of 30 years

I avoided new kits as there's plenty in the queue already.  The big gift this year was a snow blower to save my back from the heavy wet snow we get.

• Like 1

It s a schumacher cristmas for me ! Never had any before and really wanted to discover the brand so friends and family have got me a cal xls masami, a cat 2000 ec, a cat 3000 and a cat sx2. Photos will be coming soon ! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

For myself? Nothing I know of, all spare cash went on the wife and family. However in a blizzare "pigs might fly" act of generosity my works bought myself and my supervisor a couple of hobbyking SCT kits in the sales. Probably to use as leverage for overtime in the new year!

vfgL8cF.jpg

That looks like my Turnigy 2wd SCT Kit.. aka Traxxas Slash killer,, great budget RC

For me, nothing RC related but I’ve splurged enough this year so it’s nice to down tools a bit and spend on family this time of year too.

• Like 1

It is indeed! Quite a cool truck, despite being massive. It went together really well considering the price. Instructions weren't a patch on Tamiya, which lead to some head scratching!

• Haha 1