Sign in to follow this  
thermoacc

Castrol Celica #58129

Hi All :) First post from a returning Tamiya fan.

As an 80's kid, I spent a lot of time with my Hotshot and Subaru Brat. 30-odd years on and the thought of building another has never been too far from my mind.

Now, as an owner of a 1992 Toyota Celica Carlos Sainz, for years I have been collecting the memorabilia, sales media and associated products linked to the car. 

Picked this up a while back, a NIB 1993 TA-02 Castrol Celica kit

DSCF3142_zpsyswo9ya0.jpg

DSCF3143_zpsvvl8p1zi.jpg

It's been very difficult stopping myself from building the kit as I occasionally build 1/24th scale model cars. (Even worse is the thought of building it as a road copy of my own car). Just nice to keep the kit unbuilt as part of my collection.

I've been on the lookout for the 1992 Repsol Celica Kit #58119. To have both would be great! B)

Thanks for looking and it's been very interesting to read the forum content on here!

• Like 4

I have one of these, they are fun to drive. I can honestly say if I had a NIB kit like I probably wouldn't be able to help myself and would build it.

• Like 1

This is a bodyshell they need to re re release, even if just on a TT02 but really they should put it on a xv01, I’m sure it’d boost xv01 sales dramatically. 

• Like 2

Hey Juls,

I thought you might be interested to know, Tamiya did re release this shell for the TT-01 & 2 chassis. I have one of the sets. I was looking for an original and was contacted by a TC member with this. Its identical, except for the rear mounting holes have been moved to the middle of the rear window, and there is a hole in the roof for the aerial. All the decals are as per the original, and are even still dated 1993.

Regards

J

DSC_4914.JPG

DSC_4917.JPG

The re-re body set is 92202, but it's just as hard to find as the original release. I picked one up a few weeks ago but it cost me £120.

It came out in 2009 when the 92200 DF-03 RA Celica kit was released.

• Thanks 1

If i can find an original, i would sell this set rather than re drill the holes for the original 58129 fitment. If any body out there has an original set they want to trade.....

The holes are bigger and also round, where the originals were oval. The hole in the of can be covered by the decals, but its going to be harder to hide the holes in the rear window if i use this for the original TA-02 chassis.