Sign in to follow this  
NameUnchanged

Tble-02s problems

It came with a brand new Honda city turbo I got yesterday for christmas

And it doesn't work

I've set it up for a brushed motor 

And it continuously beeps with a green flashing light 

Is it faulty? Has the BEC died

The setup sheet that comes with the TBLE-02S should have a troubleshooting chart on it that explains which color flashing light error means.   Off the top of my head I can't remember what a flashing green and beeping means but the chart should help.

Blinking green light means no signal from Rx. How did you test your Rx? Is it bound to your radio?

The BEC is a known Achilles heel of the TBLE-02. Sounds like yours could be faulty. 

I'm using a 2.4ghz radio and receiver I proved they worked before hand

ive looked up that people use a separate battery box to the receiver to solve this issue 

is there really no way I can fix this without sending it back lol

There probably is a component level fix for the BEC issue, but I wouldn't be able to advise you as to what it is.

The two most common workarounds are using an external BEC or a separate battery pack. The external BEC would be lighter and more compact, and probably a good idea anyway if you are running a power hungry servo.

I had a lot of trouble with spectrum radios and non genuine spectrum recievers, (orange rx etc) they work fine with servos and even other esc’s but simply wont talk to tble02s. Plug in a proper receiver and it all works as expected. 

I'm not using a spektrum radio 

It came in a kit 

Any chance they'll let me change it for a working one without giving the who kit back (as I've built it) 

Depends a lot on where you bought it, every country has a different supplier, most places won’t do an exchange unless it’s a obvious DOA. Usually it has to go all the way back and you get screwed around for weeks or months. 

Do you have another radio to try it with? You’d feel rather silly if it went all the way back to the importer, they tested it and it worked fine. 

It should have come with a manual if it’s a new kit. If there was no manual something’s fishy I’ve never got one minus the manual. (Ie: kit has been messed with) 

sometimes I’ve had them come programmed for brushless motor and they just sit there flashing with a brushed motor connected doing nothing. They must be reprogrammed to brushed mode in order to work with a brushed motor (and vice versa). I think I have about 20 or more of these esc’s now. 

given yours is flashing green however it should be in brushed mode. Beeping is ment to mean no signal from transmitter. 

Sometimes the high point setup also needs to be done before the esc will work properly.

312AD285-BF97-4D3A-9416-1892645F463F.thumb.jpeg.19625c3a4e314f403bddcc95bca1b994.jpeg

Juls

Where abouts are you based? 

Get on to the model shop it cam from if you are in the UK and report it as DOA. They have to replace it as you cannot give the kit back finished.

If you are stuck and need to run ASAP I can send one over to you to use. I found a NIP one the other day still with the Tamiya plug on it

18 hours ago, NameUnchanged said:

I'm using a 2.4ghz radio and receiver I proved they worked before hand

ive looked up that people use a separate battery box to the receiver to solve this issue 

is there really no way I can fix this without sending it back lol

I'm going to ask once again, how did you test the Rx to make sure it's working?

• Like 1

post a picture of the esc connected to the receiver maybe a plug is wrong way around, does the servo work?

oh and which color cables did you attach to the motor?

4 hours ago, Theibault said:

I'm going to ask once again, how did you test the Rx to make sure it's working?

I use this controller and Reciever to test different pieces of equipment I Recieve in job lots I know they work perfectly fine 

47 minutes ago, NameUnchanged said:

I use this controller and Reciever to test different pieces of equipment I Recieve in job lots I know they work perfectly fine 

Look, I'm just trying to help. I have a lot of experience when it comes to this ESC. I don't know how you have tested it. I don't know how you have connected it to the TBLE-02S. Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

• Like 1

Here is my set up for my brand new tbles02s that came with my mf01x

Set up to brushed motor mode 

Hold down set up take off when it's orange then press green and press green again 

Still beeping and has a flashing green light 

Never tried one with an old fashioned RX. Do you have a multimeter to see if it is outputting an voltage?

Seems odd to get two new ones not working. I have loads and never had an issue.

Cant see you are doing anything wrong though so maybe a trip to the model shop?

14 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Seems odd to get two new ones not working. I have loads and never had an issue.

Cant see you are doing anything wrong though so maybe a trip to the model shop?

Good idea 

But unfortunately that'll be a 2 hour round journey