OldSchoolRC1

MF01 Beetle Build

19 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

They do but I am sure he/she felt the same as me when they saw them. An utter pain in the bum to apply and don’t look great when on! I tried and then peeled them off. 

Looks odd without them though, paint the sides maybe?

14 hours ago, graemevw said:

Looks odd without them though, paint the sides maybe?

Could do, but my MF01X is a total basher and it's already covered in dirt and mud and I can't see myself cleaning it any time soon. Looks like a well used rally car right now! :D

• Like 1

@dc-arena - I used the TT02 shock kit PN 54753

@graemevw - the taillights are 2 piece decals. I had the surrounding piece on, but they looked a bit odd, so I peeled them off and just left the main decal. I'll paint the surround red when I get a chance. 

Thank you all the kind words! It's a great looking body to begin with. With a bit of patience, even a ham fingered hack like me can make it look good. :)

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, dc-arena said:

They do but I am sure he/she felt the same as me when they saw them. An utter pain in the bum to apply and don’t look great when on! I tried and then peeled them off. 

Agreed those decals are a pint in the butt...lol I work with vinyl and i wont use them. 

8 hours ago, OldSchoolRC1 said:

@graemevw - the taillights are 2 piece decals. I had the surrounding piece on, but they looked a bit odd, so I peeled them off and just left the main decal. I'll paint the surround red when I get a chance. 

Thank you all the kind words! It's a great looking body to begin with. With a bit of patience, even a ham fingered hack like me can make it look good. :)

It came out gorgeous. I hope mine can come out even 1/3 as nice. I have to rebuild my whole front diff due to some odd warping on my chassis. Tamiya sent me the 2 halves, will give me a chance to install my aluminum servo mount and driveshaft once it arrives. 

On 1/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, OldSchoolRC1 said:

When building the TT02 54753 shocks for your MF01X, did you use the longer ball connector lower parts V2, or V1? V2 would certainly make the shock length longer overall, but I may not sure if they should be built that long? Also, someone mentioned using the internal spacer to limit the length of the travel, did you do that, and if so is that part 3 on the V part tree? Thanks!

On 2/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, dc-arena said:

When building the TT02 54753 shocks for your MF01X, did you use the longer ball connector lower parts V2, or V1? V2 would certainly make the shock length longer overall, but I may not sure if they should be built that long? Also, someone mentioned using the internal spacer to limit the length of the travel, did you do that, and if so is that part 3 on the V part tree? Thanks!

I used the shortest ball connectors since mine is sitting low for on road use only. I did use an internal spacer, I'm not sure of the part number, but it was the thickest one available.  

On 3/2/2019 at 6:30 AM, FCUL78 said:

I have a question on the speed tuned gears. Do I need 2 sets? Front & rear?

No, just one set. They replace the spur and counter gear in the rear transmission. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRC1 said:

I used the shortest ball connectors since mine is sitting low for on road use only. I did use an internal spacer, I'm not sure of the part number, but it was the thickest one available.  

No, just one set. They replace the spur and counter gear in the rear transmission. 

Thanks!