funkyfresh

NIB Blazer and vintage Bruiser questions

Hello!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope everyone is having a nice break?

I have quite a few old Tamiya kits, NIB that have been sat in my loft for about 8 years. . Having been out of the collecting game for so long and not finding much as a reference on eBay, may I ask your opinions of what they are worth (either on eBay or for sale here).?

If that’s allowed of course? (I will be selling them, as I need space and I think they need to goto someone who will enjoy them)

The Bruiser box is pretty knackered - which is how I bought it, but the Blazer box is in really good condition, given it's age. Both models are as complete as far as I can tell, and everything is unopened and like a time machine from the 80’s

Here are some pictures

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0437.jpeg

IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

IMG_0440.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

• Like 2

I have to say “big money” just look what a NOS Blazer shell goes for on eBay. 

Actual real money figures I have no idea. I am sure the PM’s will flood in with offers soon and a collector with a built Bruiser and a mint box will have that off you. 

Nice to have but if you don’t need the cash don’t sell them, they will only keep going up in value 

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. I'm not in need of the money particularly, but at the same time, I can see it getting damaged when I have to move everything out of the loft into storage for some building work. So I think I will put both up for sale on here. But they have to have a sale price, don't they - ie "not best offer"?

I'd rather sell on here than ebay.

Thanks

martin

You could also try Facebook, Tamiya Legends Sales group. And maybe Tamiyabase.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, funkyfresh said:

Thanks for the info - I never realised that FB would have a Tamiya Group (stupid really!)

<

Almost two or more groups for each car they released if it goes on like it is atm.:o:D

1 hour ago, waterbok said:

Almost two or more groups for each car they released if it goes on like it is atm.:o:D

I thought the bubble had burst at least for the cars that have been re-re'd? Ie vintage Bruiser prices would not be anywhere near what they were prior to to the re releases?

Agree with @waterbok - Tamiya Club tends to know the market and pay net ... so after eBay / PayPal.

On the upside we also trade favours :) 

You’ll do very well with the Blazer on eBay or an offline vintage toy auction. Facebook sites and TamiyaBase are more fickle imo.

The Bruiser will command a lot less because of the re re and it’s box suffering but you should still do ok in the mainstream.

Good luck either way !

On 12/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, funkyfresh said:

Thank you for your reply. I'm not in need of the money particularly, but at the same time, I can see it getting damaged when I have to move everything out of the loft into storage for some building work. So I think I will put both up for sale on here. But they have to have a sale price, don't they - ie "not best offer"?

I'd rather sell on here than ebay.

Thanks

martin

Couple of mint Blazing Blazers went through auction 18-24 months ago. £1800 & £2200 if I recall. There is a thread on here somewhere.

Be aware, most couriers won't insure these due to the category of item if you consider posting. 

Suggest cash / bank transfer and collection only.

Bruiser £400-£800 given box condition.

If you post on the main tamiyaclub page for sale section not just on the forum, you will find lots of the vintage collectors only peruse that and not the forum.

I had someone fly over from Germany to collect some rare mib kits from me as wasn't possible to crate and insure for sensible money. 

Quite a few UK buyers came to collect or I delivered too.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info too - I've had issues with Royal Mail and parcel force "losing" items before, so I tend to avoid them. But if other couriers have stipulations that mean I can't send the items, then COD is fine with me, if people are willing to travel.

Much appreciated,

Martin

tbh if someone is will to pay big money for either of the 2 kits i would make them collect as i will not cost them that much in fuel and that way they can guarantee the saftey of them. if it was me i would def prefere to collect a blazer