moffman

What's happened to the avante black special in the uk?

I had a back order for the avante black special with modelsport I got a no reply email back in November and I thought great its arrived in stock but weirdly it just said "still not in stock" (or words to that effect) and now when I look it's been completely erased from the website and other hobby shops don't have them on the web aswell?🤔

Hello

I just ordered one here in Aus but they are rare, I was looking at one at another hobby shop but it sold so I had to pay $10 more but I have one.

Tamico.de still have them in stock. Why not just get one from there?

TBH if it had arrived when they said it was going to arrive (18th November) no problem! but now the moments gone so I'm not really bothered😐 plus my RC collection is changing direction from tamiya to other manufacturers (schumacher etc) and I have the original avante! I just think it's a bit odd its slipped away (in the uk) quietly🤔

Many shops are still showing pre-order, my guess is only a few shops got these in before the holidays, while others still did not receive their allotment yet. Modelsport probably removed the kit since Tamiya has been delayed as usual, causing questions from customers the shop could not answer as to availability.

The numbers were very short - the importer (hobby co) received far fewer than expected and shops were only sent a fraction of their order.  It was the same delivery that saw Tamiya hold back all but samples of the Comical Grasshopper, which was why that's been booted back to a January release - it isn't really a January release but the numbers that arrived in the UK on Tamiya's initial delivery would mean then sawing kits into three just to supply each shop with something!

On the Black Avante, I know we only got half, which was just enough to cover orders but then two people dropped out due to the time of year and not having the cash, hence the two kits we had for sale on our website late November.  I put them online, fed them to Google and they were sold within the hour.

From what I understand, it was a one-off batch and no more are coming, but Tamiya's limited edition stock availability is shrouded in secrecy and things often do reappear later.

I would say the shops saying "pre-order" didn't have a single order for it, didn't order any and haven't noticed that it's been removed from the trade ordering system.