Scipunk

New Lunchbox owner, looking for mods and am overwhelmed

So i got my rear shock locator and put in my shocks but couldn't figure out why the rear end had no real rebound and now i know, when i did the bearings i messed up on the little springs that hold tension on the front of the diff, one is bent all to heck and the other is under the axle not over...lol. 

So can i just replace these with the ampro mount or do i need to order a new set?

2 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Ampro brace or 5th shock mod

Awesome thanks, i'll order up the mount tomorrow :)

On 1/5/2019 at 2:05 AM, Scipunk said:

the battery, just figuring out actual mounting

Some time ago I bought a Mardave battery tray . It is lexan and has a velcro strap that goes around the battery , it is a simple fit   :)

see if one of these will fit :-

http://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=15224858&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=battery+tray

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Some time ago I bought a Mardave battery tray . It is lexan and has a velcro strap that goes around the battery , it is a simple fit   :)

see if one of these will fit :-

http://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=15224858&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=battery+tray

Thanks Kev, i'll have a look :)

1 hour ago, Scipunk said:

Awesome thanks, i'll order up the mount tomorrow :)

I bought an AMpro trans brace for a future LB build as my runner already has 5th shock that I fitted . I'll be interested to see what you think of it . It is a very simple set up and easy to fit . I also bought a front suspension upper arm brace for the FX10 mod that I did and I was very pleased with the quality and very easy fit of the part . Shapeways is a very good company to deal with .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

I bought an AMpro trans brace for a future LB build as my runner already has 5th shock that I fitted . I'll be interested to see what you think of it . It is a very simple set up and easy to fit . I also bought a front suspension upper arm brace for the FX10 mod that I did and I was very pleased with the quality and very easy fit of the part . Shapeways is a very good company to deal with .

Kev for the turnbuckles for the FX10 mod, how long does the threaded part need to be? I couldn't find any info. I will let yaa know about the brace, once i can actually drive this again...lol Oh do you have a link for the upper brace?

On 1/14/2019 at 5:04 AM, KEV THE REV said:

The upper link rod on mine is approx 80mm centre to centre of the rod end holes , the threaded rod length will depend on the length of your rod ends .

Here is a link to the bracket :-

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3Y2HBRNPA/07001-s1-cw01-arm-center-support-for-zero-and-20mm?optionId=60279618

Kev, thanks for the info. I ordered the bracket. Sorry for the late response i didn't get a notification for it...lol

• Like 1

The Lunchbox is a perplexing truck. Almost useless stock for anything other than wheelies. Every issue it has can be addressed with time, money, and effort. And STILL it'll never be very capable. The problem is the more you do to it, the less it is a Lunchbox. I have one I started a decade ago. Just stopped. It was out of hand. 

My suggestion: build, drive, upgrade, repeat. The only mandatory items to me are oil shocks and bearings.