Carts

M02l brushless anyone done it??

Thinking of putting a 9t 4370v goolrc motor in my m02l Porsche Boxster. Anyone had any experiences with brushless in the m02l chassis? Cheers

I had a 7.5t brushless in my M-05 for a bit.  It's just too much power for a little car like that.  You can spin the wheels with a mildly upgraded brushed motor like a Sport Tuned or Torque Tuned.  I'm not sure if a M-02 would be that much different, even if it's RWD. 

I raced an M03 and an M05 with a 13T EZ Run combo (and LiPo) for a number of years and found that they went quite well (about the same performance as a Tamiya Sport Tuned motor).. I did try my M03 with a 9T EZ Run, and found it to be quite a bit quicker, but still controllable..

I also raced a M02 (SWB 210mm) with a Sports tuned and an M chassis Acto motor on carpet, and found it to be quite fun to drive..

The bottom line is that your tyres are probably be your biggest limiting factor between having a quick fun car, or a nightmare that wants to slide or traction roll at every turn..

Don't bother, M01/2 can barely handle a 540... especially bone stock with mono shock. Boxster is already LWB and relies on stickier rear tyres to try tame its evil handling.

M03 with hobbywing 13T was our local m-chassis racing spec, it's spot on for speed & handling. 9T hobbywing went a little faster but you'd lose it in the corners. Hottest motor tried in an M03 was a 5.5 Novak when going around corners wasn't required - that was a hoot top speed running.

Fact is whatever motor combo you buy for your m02 can be pulled out and put in another chassis at a later date. A serious brushless system in your m02 may well be a little too rediculous but a mild brushless could also be a bit boring. 

The particular brushless your talking about is a cheap low power unit with a 380 size rotor that will be a decent upgrade but won’t be like if you bought a full size (and full cost) brushless system around that KV.

I think that system will be ok for your application, maybe even ideal for your lightweight M02. It’d be underpowered system if you tried to fit it to a 4wd buggy though and be pretty gutless compared to a slightly higher quality unit with a full size rotor. 

Juls

1 hour ago, Juls1 said:

Fact is whatever motor combo you buy for your m02 can be pulled out and put in another chassis at a later date. A serious brushless system in your m02 may well be a little too rediculous but a mild brushless could also be a bit boring. 

The particular brushless your talking about is a cheap low power unit with a 380 size rotor that will be a decent upgrade but won’t be like if you bought a full size (and full cost) brushless system around that KV.

I think that system will be ok for your application, maybe even ideal for your lightweight M02. It’d be underpowered system if you tried to fit it to a 4wd buggy though and be pretty gutless compared to a slightly higher quality unit with a full size rotor. 

Juls

This is a nice information!

I was wondering, since the ocday 9T brushless sistem is also rated 4370kV (except the fact the look identical).

And since I believed that it was a small rotor as soon as I got it, my decision was to run it on 3s, period!

it was so fasts my old df02 spinned loose the frint shaft drive cup.

now the same sistem has moved to my lunch box with a 18T hornet pinion. With 3s.

for this kind of chassis amazingly fast.

it might be a good combo to use on 2s or nimh 7,2V batteries  in the M02L.

as mentioned sticky tires are a must and gear it high as possible. Can the M02 adjust gearing?

p.s. I am wondering then, if the esc is rated properly in its specificationa?

since I thought about buying a Ocday 80 or 120A esc to accept 4s and higher rated batteries, the 120A esc can go up to 8s. For only 27$

I got the same motor in a ftx vantage buggy and it’s super fast