Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

Turnigy 9X - how many switches?

I'm trying to decide on a radio for my Arduino project and can't choose between the Turnigy 9X and the RadioLink AT10ii.  I know the AT10 will do everything I want but it's nearly 3x the price of the 9X, which might be OK provided it has enough switches.  I'd really love the AT10 but I'm on a tight budget and it will push the rest of the build back by a few months.

Unfortunately in the current era of maximum test, minimum information, nowhere can I find a detailed list of the number and type of switches mounted on the case.

If anyone has a 9X, can they please tell me what switches is has and if they are 2-way, 3-way, latching or momentary?

Thanks in advance!

I have 3 of the Turnigy 9X radios..

The Turnigy 9x has 7 switches and 3 rotary pots..

Of those 7 switches, 6 are 2 position, and one is 3 position.. One of the 2 position switches is momentary (trainer function ?) and the other 5 simple on and off..

Not all of the switches can be assigned to directly operate a channel on the receiver, some appear to only operate through the mixing function on the radio...

You can assign 2 of the two position switches to directly operate channels 5 - 8 on the receiver.. Likewise you can assign all 3 of the rotary pots to directly operate channels 5 - 8 on the receiver.. You can also swap out the rotary pots for a 3 way switch if you want/need to (soldering is required to do this)..

You may be able to get the other switches to operate the channels through mixing, but I have not tried as I have not had the need...

The Turnigy 9X only comes with an 8 Channel receiver... I believe that a 10 Channel receiver is available for the newest system, but I don't know if it gives you the extra 9th channel..

• Like 1

Thanks @Backlash, that's very helpful.  I was hoping for a few more 3-way toggles, although swapping out the rotaries sounds like a good idea (I doubt I'll ever need those).

I'll have a look for some ideas...