^Smith^

New to the Club!

Good Day All

New to the Tamiya Club. Getting back into Tamiya after about 25 years, so any experience I have is not current. I have many questions like: Can I buy bodies separately? ..and Can some chassis accommodate more than one particular body and so on. Thanks much, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Very much looking forward to this!

Welcome.

Most Tamiya chassis can take more than one body (there are some exceptions) with just a body mount change which may be included in the stock kit. Is there any particular chassis/kit you have in mind? I along know about older chassis and have NO clue about modern stuff unless its a re-re (re-release of a vintage car which may have some or lots of updates)

Yes you can buy bodies on their own. Modern or re-re stuff from Tamiya OR after market or Repo bodies from the like of TBG (Team Blue Groove - have an eBay shop but are closed till new year??? https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/teambluegroove) & Kamtec. http://www.kamtec.co.uk/Body-Shells

Decals can be gotten from the likes of MCI. https://mciracing.ca/t/tamiya---new-layout

Let us know about your RC history and enjoy the slide into addiction...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. I built a Big Wig and a Clodbuster back in the late 80's. Looking to do some new bodies if possible!

Dug them out to show my 9 yr old grandson. Truth be told, I'm more excited than anything else! ...And regarding the "addiction", my wife says the same thing.

I have a Thunder Shot Kit, that was my Dad's, selling it on Ebay. It looks like they fetch big numbers; we'll see. I'm looking to buy another buggy; was thinking about the Top Force, but maybe you could "weigh in" on a better recommendation. 

I'm also thinking about the VW Rally Beetle

i would say get the top force as you will see from my name but i will also say buy something you like not what anyone else says it good to get the info on kits but at the end of the day if you like a particular kit then buy it  we all ask for recomendations at some point but look at what you want to do with it and go from their.

and i completely understand on you being really excited :lol: i am the same when i get a new kit

Welcome, i too just came back after 34 years...lol Things have changed but i tell ya the people here are helpful and honest. I am getting the rally VW as my second kit so if you get one we can see how us old timers fair...lol

Welcome Mr. Smith.  

Why, you can get any body you want in the Matrix.  Most chassis has 2-3 bodies you can fit.  

WwAwt2m.gif

Theibalt and Juggular and Scipunk....thanks all for your correspondence!

• Like 1