Bad_Boy_666

Problems uploading pics

Constantly! 

Images too big apparently, never had a problem before I changed my phone.

No idea how to re-size😶 so no more pics for me😐

If you are uploading pics direct via your phone to the TC website and not using a 3rd party hosting website I believe there is a cap of 4.5mb for all the images you can upload on a thread (not 4.5mb per photo)

Its a bit convoluted but to get round this I have been setting my camera settings to the smallest picture/file size then sending them to myself as an SMS. This reduces the file size even further to a couple of hundred kb so I can then upload more photos.

Same here

I constantly have a error message saying pics are too big (although they're not).
But reduce size at about 2Mb sorts this out.
Reducing size of pics is easy: just open them in a image editing Programm, then reduce the size and save them again before you upload here.

I've just had a go at resizing , not sure how but I've managed to upload a pic👍

I used to get the 4.5mb thing that was perfectly fine. Then I got 2mb and then 1mb limit but now it just has 1.08mb listed as a limit but it won’t actually let me upload anything even 100kb pics, says too big. Is there an account data limit???

Ive got 2 or 3 build threads planned for the coming months but wont be doing any at this rate. Happily pay a membership to be able to upload to Tamiya club instead of signing my life and rights away to a third party hosting company.

30 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

Ive got 2 or 3 build threads planned for the coming months but wont be doing any at this rate. Happily pay a membership to be able to upload to Tamiya club instead of signing my life and rights away to a third party hosting company.

Get it touch with Chris about tcphotos, should solve all your problems. I don’t know whether he is still trialling it or whether it has gone live but it works for me!

F168A92D-E0AC-4899-A7A9-284F36DD5CB3.jpg

admittedy, all my uploads are from an iPhone - I have never checked the file size.

I recently wrote a how-to guide for Scollins showing how to host pictures on Google Sites for free and embed them in TC forums.  I do this for all the pictures I post.  In addition to being free, the pictures can be managed pretty easily and there are no watermarks or advertising overlaid on them.  I'm running errands with my wife at the moment, but if anyone would like this guide I can post and link it here in a few hours.

• Like 1

The easiest thing to do is to get a free Imgur account and then post the [IMG links here.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:54 PM, Badcrumble said:

Get it touch with Chris about tcphotos, should solve all your problems. I don’t know whether he is still trialling it or whether it has gone live but it works for me!

How does one get in touch with this chris? 

3 hours ago, Juls1 said:

How does one get in touch with this chris? 

You're a subscriber, aren't you? Chris sent out an email with some details to subscribers on 07/11/2018 with new details (sorry, not appropropriate for me to post publicly) and there is a 'contact us'  form on the TC main site too.

Hope that helps!

i have the same so i upload one at a time from my phone then go back and edit and add the additional photos and that tends to work most time but once i reach my limit on my account i have delete the older one to make room for new ones.

i does tick me of tbh as the only time i did a build thread on my merc truck i got stuck with the pics so gave up on the thread. its a shame members cant upload as many as they wish esp for build thread situations.

I contacted Chris about tc pics site so we will see, what i can't understand is why i cannot link my flickr pictures, none of my links work they all act broken or turn red in the media box... oh well here's hoping :)

Ive contacted him by PM and through the contact thing on the front page, no response since friday. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Scipunk said:

I contacted Chris about tc pics site so we will see, what i can't understand is why i cannot link my flickr pictures, none of my links work they all act broken or turn red in the media box... oh well here's hoping :)

I just set up a Flickr account, I’m linking them fine, using the BBCode

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

I just set up a Flickr account, I’m linking them fine, using the BBCode

hmm lemme try here 

46735317051_53dcb177eb_z.jpg\\

Ok that worked but i had to delete some of the code after it. Not a big deal and much faster :) Thanks Kym!

• Like 1

If you click on your ID on the upper right corner of the page, you will have a scroll down menu.  2nd from the top is "My Attachments."  It will show how much space you have used up out of 50MB, which used to be a huge amount back in the days, but not so much these days.  

I've hit my limit after a few months.  Since then, I'm using Imgur.  At least, it's convenient for PC users. 

Just drag any image to your desktop.  Drag that to Imgur.  And, drag Imgur image directly onto a TC page.  

A6PNn30.jpg

O.k.,

just a link now. Have to dig out all the Options.:D 

But thanks to Chris already, so many helpful functions on TC photos.

IMG_20181013_155118.jpg

Forgot to choose "direct link".;)

Sorry for testouts, but I thouht this would be the thread to try out the new possibilities...

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Chris' username here is netsmithUK.  I'm sure you could PM him too.

Worked for me,

he apologized that it tokk some days, until he noticed my request, so Patience is your friend, or repeating your request after some days.;)

I’ve just reached my limit mid build thread :(

so now I’m screwed 

used to use photobucket but now blurgh

ill try imgur I guess 

JJ

Because of the number of forum users we have to limit the amount of images we can host for any of them, sorry.

That said, subscribers, as well as their showrooms and competition access, get full access to TCPhotos.net where they can upload whatever images they like and easily link to them. More about that here