Jump to content
ernieks

Tamiya 47397 HKS Skyline, it‘s coming back

Recommended Posts

Oh my god!

The rare HKS Skyline is coming back!

Tamiya 47397 mounted on a TT-01E (according to Tamiyablog).

I am looking for such a long time for a HKS going side by side with my Axia.

Seems the Nuremburg fair will be interesting this year.

ernieks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see this body set comming out, it would go nice on my TA05IFS!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they release the wheels and body separately.  Just the other day I was looking at a photo of this car and thinking I'll probably never get one, so this is a nice surprise announcement.  It fuels my hopes for several other body sets from the same period too.

Since it's on the TT-01E I guess there won't be the original box art though, just a sticker of it stuck on a standard box.  I have no idea why they keep releasing TT01 chassis cars.  Does someone know the reason for it?  Are they still popular for a basic chassis race series or something?  I would've thought a TT02 would have replaced it entirely by now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a good-looking livery indeed:

300_58140_01.jpg

Though part of repurposing existing moulds, I am glad there were so many different Skylines released by Tamiya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already stated my excitement for this one else where but since lately the below has been true,

7 hours ago, Blista said:

won't be the original box art though, just a sticker of it stuck on a standard box

I'm of mind to putting one of my 911 ta02 chassis under it and finding the body set for a tgs semi to use on the kit chassis. 911 gets a spare body this way as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 3:12 PM, Blista said:

I hope they release the wheels and body separately.  Just the other day I was looking at a photo of this car and thinking I'll probably never get one, so this is a nice surprise announcement.  It fuels my hopes for several other body sets from the same period too.

Since it's on the TT-01E I guess there won't be the original box art though, just a sticker of it stuck on a standard box.  I have no idea why they keep releasing TT01 chassis cars.  Does someone know the reason for it?  Are they still popular for a basic chassis race series or something?  I would've thought a TT02 would have replaced it entirely by now.

I believe the TT01 can be configured in a short wheelbase (251mm as opposed to 257mm) and a TT02 cannot. I think this is why it’s still around, some body’s are 251mm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I believe the TT01 can be configured in a short wheelbase (251mm as opposed to 257mm) and a TT02 cannot. I think this is why it’s still around, some body’s are 251mm. 

The TT02 has the short wheelbase option, and high or low ground clearance and wide or standard tread.  As far as I know it does everything a TT01 does but with a few improvements, which is what makes it odd they're sticking with the old chassis.  There must be some kind of demand for them despite most cars being switched to the TT02, or, it might be a production line they reopened to keep up with demand they couldn't meet with the TT02 line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the original wheels made it through to the final product :wub:

Crossing my fingers they offer a SP body set. I've always liked this livery more than the other R32 versions.

It's a shame that they couldn't have made it an "Upgraded Special" like the 58140 release... How difficult would it have been for them to include a cockpit set or a Tuned black motor? 🤔

 

6xcfG12.jpg

AycJQ8v.jpg

M7VBdAx.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond steel pinions, ball bearings, and CVA dampers, my new standard demand from Tamiya is light buckets for all body sets.  It's great to have a decent body and matching wheels, but it feels so incomplete to use decals for lights.  At least give us the option of using decals for durability or light buckets for scale accuracy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Beyond steel pinions, ball bearings, and CVA dampers, my new standard demand from Tamiya is light buckets for all body sets.  It's great to have a decent body and matching wheels, but it feels so incomplete to use decals for lights.  At least give us the option of using decals for durability or light buckets for scale accuracy.

I feel you on this Speedy, I was elated when they gave us the updated R32 body set that included the new front & rear buckets. It seems like such an obvious choice to just include them on the subsequent releases. :unsure: On the other hand, I've actually always admired the 2D graphic artwork that's used to represent the lighting and trim. Something so essentially Japanese about Tamiya's style in this regard :wub:

But how cool would it be to see the mirrored reflectors through the green tinted headlight decals?! Guess I'll just have to buy a spare bucket set and make it so B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been working on this over the last week. It's not perfect, but boy is it a good looking car. 

20190405_091448.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do we think this will be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me if the sticker sheets in this re-release are identical to the originals, or if there are any differences (no matter how small). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing! One of my all-time favourite cars and liveries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...