@Jason1145

@Fuijo

@svenb

@GooneyBird

Renamed and repurpursed this thread to cover all variations of the TB Chassis. TB01-05. And all the Evolutions.

Tagged you 4 as I know you all have a soft spot for the TB01.

The TB01 is the electric version of the TG10 Nitro car. The TB01 was released as a Rally Chassis and Touring Car Chassis and many years later the main chassis was released as a RTR truggy. I have a massive soft spot for the TB01. I'm currently building the Ultimate TB01 Touring car chassis if you haven't seen it, it is in the build section.

The TB01 is made of the ultra rare tamiya plastic reinforced with steel 😂🤣. For those who have dealt with the TB01 know what I'm talking about.... For those who don't... The TB01 is a rather tough chassis. Like bomb proof tough. It can take one heck of a battering which IMO makes it a perfect rally chassis.... The down side is. Its heavy and doesn't make the best touring car chassis.. Well maybe for pushing other cars off the track. Lol.

The rally car I've had since 2001. The Levant since December 2017. Both the Ferrari's are new to my house after working out a deal with Fuijo to help me build my Ultimate TB01.

I didn't think it possible but I made the Enzo look even cooler IMO.

Hop Up Wing 53470 as recommended in the manual.

MjKAH9L.jpg

FmrQfmX.jpg

kkm1uJ8.jpg

9VdyxQC.jpg

oDmWBl3.jpg

G8wv2ST.jpg

W12EqbR.jpg

ZUWVW1R.jpg

wYMHly7.jpg

I17M2KR.jpg

Leaving left out the TB01 rally car needed to sneak in.

UufUjYK.jpg

NJjXGVI.jpg

WOS5tkw.jpg

JkeJJq7.jpg

And then the Levant (TB01 based with Tamiya parts to make up the suspension) decided to get in on the action.

G0JglHI.jpg

ULpRBqM.jpg

Edited by TwistedxSlayer
  • Like 7

Out of the 4 I’m no doubt the least experienced on the details and running characteristics of the TB01 as I’ve never driven one to date 🤣 

However I do own 3 TB01’s now so that will soon change, 1 is a clean roller waiting for electrics with an Enzo shell ( onroad), 1 is a Scooby 2001 Prototype roller ( rally) and the third is one I just bought off Mr Twisted... after I’ve decreased, fumigated and sand blasted it clean I’ll make that one a runner too ;)

I love seeing the red and black Enzo’s side by side - I’ve got a red one ( soon to upload to my Supercar thread) and I’ve a clear shell to be done in black.... snap!

Im not a fan of the rear wing though, prahaps if it sat lower to the car it might look better but it looks too high.. the stock mount doesn’t look like it is adjustable either but I’m happy you like it as that’s all that matters pal.

Wait, is the black Ferrari going on your Ultimate build TB01?

Loving the blue carpet though and your TB01 collection is ace, and ofcourse there is the “ultimate” one Incoming.

• Like 1

The Black Enzo will be living on the Ultimate chassis.

The wing is adjustable. If you swap the base around that it sits on (on the tail) it alters the angle the whole thing sits at.

I think it looks awesome I'm happy with the height as it looks very aggressive and track ready. Niether Enzo will see track use.

I am sorry it was filthy I just didn't get chance to clean it before I sold it, it was a spur of the moment item listing on ebay then you said you needed a spare chassis. Lol

• Like 1

Do I count? Mines a TB EVO 🤔

• Like 1

The TB series has grown on me just recently👍

Now have a TB Evo, TB Evo II, TB Evo III, and a,...... wait for it......a TB Evo IV.

• Like 1

Yeah you defo count mate 👍👍

you wouldnt happen to have any spare front hub carriers for the Tb Evo/Evo II would you? @svenb I need some for my ultimate build and would rather buy off another member before eBay.

I've found a hub carrier very similar but I think it's of a  trf414 or TA04 TRF.

I'll keep looking

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, svenb said:

I've found a hub carrier very similar but I think it's of a  trf414 or TA04 TRF.

I'll keep looking

But then again, if they fit into TB Evo arms then they could be an option

On 1/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, TwistedxSlayer said:

But then again, if they fit into TB Evo arms then they could be an option

Still can only find🙄

I will have a pair I'm sure as I never throw anything away😉

@TwistedxSlayer

Just been thinking about your ultimate TB01🤔

Are you going to fit the carbon chassis set 53408 and the long arm suspension set 53430?.

If so will it be a Evo I ?

I was on the look out for a carbon chassis set when I found a Evo I kit so never went any further.

1 hour ago, svenb said:

@TwistedxSlayer

Just been thinking about your ultimate TB01🤔

Are you going to fit the carbon chassis set 53408 and the long arm suspension set 53430?.

If so will it be a Evo I ?

I was on the look out for a carbon chassis set when I found a Evo I kit so never went any further.

No. Ive got the long arm kit and i wont be fitting it as i cant use the TL01/M03 rear uprights with 2 degree toe with the 6mm shafts. And the carbon kit is so hard to find, thats why ive gone for the GPM fibreglass chassis kitm

Do need to use the 2° uprights? 

What motor are you using mate?

Looks very blingy with the aluminium uprights 😉

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, svenb said:

What motor are you using mate?

Looks very blingy with the aluminium uprights 😉

Currently it's stock silvercan. I wanna change it but I also am tempted to leave it as the hop up motors listed for it are getting expensive.

2 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Currently it's stock silvercan. I wanna change it but I also am tempted to leave it as the hop up motors listed for it are getting expensive.

Can't go full hop up then leave out the motor 🙁. What about a sport tuned?

There was a super stock type S on eBay recently!?

56 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

You do give a fair argument. Lol. How much did it go for?

I can do you a Sport Tuned cheap if you want, got one taking up space in my motor box. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I can do you a Sport Tuned cheap if you want, got one taking up space in my motor box. 

I may take you up on that option. Gotta sort some other bits before I worry about the motor. I need to source some front carriers for the UTB01 (Ultimate TB01) Using The TGR/TBEvo ones would be the easiest option. But not half as much fun.

Right, I've moved my Enzo shell up the queue now after seeing your new photos of your black one again... right after the BuggyRa is done!

Nice front knuckles, how much did they set u back?

• Like 1