@TwistedxSlayer

ah yeah not so far, am right at the bottom of m60 :) 

yes nice day for it, problem I’m having is finding somewhere nice and flat and safe to do straight line speed runs,  not gonna be all that quick (at first anyway) but needs to be clear and safe.. 

council don’t like our roads, all covered in pot holes.. bad enough for a full size car! 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Mark3gti said:

Any room for another to join in ? :) 

Getting back in the driving seat, for fun not to race, little lad is 2.5 nearly so be fun to get him learning, thou with a much slower motor in! :)  thou to give me a purpose I might shoot for the top 10 list.. :) 

BB9849D5-52C9-4C4F-A33A-B75D39828B17.jpeg

If you are in cheadle you should pop into the Stockport RC club. It’s in the drill hall in Cheadle (obvs)  on Thurs night.

The more Tamiyas there the better :)

• Like 1

It was all going so well! Bit of late night testing in prep for thurs night race night, and figured I’d best actually try it see if I can still drive.. :) some may say no! Haha,,

never put proper wheel nuts on, did a few circuits steady as Lipo not fixed down, but had to try, stopped to go in,  but wanted one more go, so set off and rear wheel come off and so front wheel clipped curb!  End of hub carrier and shiny knuckle.. :( 

Fingers crossed Tony gets the replacements here in time! 

From the times I drove it seems really nice to drive, and surprised how quiet they are compared to the old ta01/2 ,

handled well and was fairly spritely with a 17x2 in, but may need to drop down from 22t pinion to 20t pinion for the track and may need timing putting up as set to neutral, but will see this week all being well! :) 

Just got to modify the battery retainer stays as too low to clip the Lipo in but have some parts to resolve later all been well! 🤞

00038B65-F587-4AF0-8C36-316B8F10830C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Here's me Julie, she's been on a Titanium and Aluminum diet. Should be hitting the track in a few weeks :) 

20190402_195710

• Like 6

Race car! 😬

2nd race meet done in 22 years, 3rd will be brushless power 👍

btw I know I need a car stand! 😕

7800C1C7-5142-4A32-8B04-D7724A5AF926.jpeg

• Like 1

Brushless semi installed! :) 

Attempted neat install, difficult with the centre shaft.. but looks good enough! :)

1CF910D9-8309-4161-94E0-66DF703FC443.jpeg

• Like 2

Just discovered this topic :)

Recently I've been getting into TB chassis, while before I used to dislike them. I had a TB02R which was alright but had the tendency to wear out bevel gears. I also used to work on the TBevo4 and TBevo5's of friends to help them with setting up the diffs and gear mesh as they also broke gear after gear.

My favourite thing to collect is odd coloured Tamiya parts such as all the fluorescent TA01/2 parts but also the unique aluminium parts. I bought a TBevo3 Surikarn a long time ago and wanted to start cleaning it up a few months ago. I discovered it was not in the best state and in my search for replacement parts I ended up buying another complete Surikarn in nice condition along with a bunch of NIP parts, a Square carbon conversion and best of all a rare Kai / K's Factory carbon conversion. I'll be starting the build of the Surikarns really soon and will post some progress here on the forum.

And then there's the rare green TBevo4 which I'm working on collecting. Should hopefully be coming together really soon :D

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tizer said:

And then there's the rare green TBevo4 which I'm working on collecting. Should hopefully be coming together really soon :D

I would like to see that👍

I have a green prop shaft for one but mines going blue

@speedy_w_beans

want that chassis set! Lol! Saves using non slip mat to hold that Lipo pack in! 🤣

if anyone has a tb03 used chassis conversion knocking about I know where there is a race car needing one! 😂

@Tizer

sounds like your into the tb chassiss! Be good to see some pictures! 

Similar, I have a ta02 nearly fully hopped up, and was going to run, but have a tb03 to do that now! :) 

14 hours ago, Mark3gti said:

@Tizer

sounds like your into the tb chassiss! Be good to see some pictures!

Haha yes indeed. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new RC's this month (I bought about 20 in the last 3 months or so :D Oops!) but I just spotted a nice TB01 full of upgrades.... hmmmmm what to do

I'll get some pictures soon.

Finally sorted electrics, could do with more tidying but only so much u can do with a race car!

Dampers stripped and rebuilt as came in a job lot so needed a service, all in good order so just an oil swap, after full strip and clean. 

Now swapping to 64dp to get the final drive ratio down to suit the new brushless motor.. 

hope to be ready by thurs race night! :) 

81943922-A835-4D02-BF4D-DDC1011E962C.jpeg

• Like 6

Neater wiring than any of mine😉👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, qatmix said:

Looking good!

9 hours ago, svenb said:

Neater wiring than any of mine😉👍

I’m not so sure! 😬 :) 

On 4/3/2019 at 3:14 AM, El Dougo said:

Here's me Julie, she's been on a Titanium and Aluminum diet. Should be hitting the track in a few weeks :) 

20190402_195710

This is so beautiful! :)

Any more pics? I'm assuming the main chassis is aluminum right?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

This is so beautiful! :)

Any more pics? I'm assuming the main chassis is aluminum right?

A fellow connoisseur of shiny things :).   Yup, it's 2mm aluminum (TB Evo 7).

20190422_104345 20190422_104442 20190422_104552

You can reposition the motor mount for different chassis configurations, some good pics on @qatmix website:

https://www.thercracer.com/2017/07/42315-tamiya-tb-evo7-chassis-detailed.html

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, El Dougo said:

A fellow connoisseur of shiny things :).   Yup, it's 2mm aluminum (TB Evo 7).

20190422_104345 20190422_104442 20190422_104552

You can reposition the motor mount for different chassis configurations, some good pics on @qatmix website:

https://www.thercracer.com/2017/07/42315-tamiya-tb-evo7-chassis-detailed.html

Wow!

I'm drooling over this now... 🤤 🤤 🤤

Not mine sadly. They are dry and wet cars for the the Iconic Cup (GT Class) at Mendip on the weekend. I had a good long dribble over the red one and thought I should share :) 

20190425_184038

20190425_184033

20190425_184059 20190425_184048

• Like 2

I posted up my build thread for my TB Evo 3 Surikarns last night, but it's still pending approval. Go have a look once it's up if you're into TB Evo's :) The green TB Evo 4 will come later, some of the parts are still on a very slow boat from Japan.

_09B35892.jpg

• Like 3

Lots of love shown the TB Chassis.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare steel propshaft and bevel gears for the TB01 that they would be willing to part with?

TB love for me today 👍

Got the full set now, unless there's another colour!? 

DSC_0161.JPG

• Like 1