2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Have you seen this on fibre lyte website? Says it's based on a TRF415 but i pretty sure its a buggy version of a TB Evo5 

westtrf5.jpg

https://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/tamiya/westtrf.html

Interesting that, does definitely look like an evo 5.. 🤔🤔

dont see much doing with them really, or maybe I’ve missed the surge of them, not sure why, seems a decent chassis and not dissimilar to the evo 6, which there’s one at the club sometimes.. thou guess the absence of gear diffs is possibly a issue. 

@ThunderDragonCy

think it it is a bit short, on my evo 5 the suspension block is mounted onto the chassis, then a bit more chassis for the bumper plastics.. :( 

6F5EBBF8-168C-47F5-9F1C-546248CBD95A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mark3gti said:

..on my evo 5 the suspension block is mounted onto the chassis, then a bit more chassis for the bumper plastics.. :( 

It's modded, you can see an L-shaped bar mounted to arb holder. Bumper mount is just cut off.

By steering, it looks like Evo4. I think I've seen it before.

Edit: i found some pictures of evo4 based buggy, maybe it's earlier version.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/ishywest/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

It does look cool as to be fair. Lol

Agreed! 👍

• Like 1

Anyone on the hunt for a Tb evo 5 ? Possibly letting mine go, it’d be back to standard kit build but with trf dampers or gold low frictions.

what would the going rate be for such a item? 

21 hours ago, Mark3gti said:

Anyone on the hunt for a Tb evo 5 ? Possibly letting mine go, it’d be back to standard kit build but with trf dampers or gold low frictions.

what would the going rate be for such a item? 

Can you PM me the details and price please?

I'm interested. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Can you PM me the details and price please?

I'm interested. Thanks! 

Pm’d

22 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Sorry to see it's up for sale. Hope it goes to a good home. I'm sure it will.

Yeah hope so..  not really had any interest as such. So may not be going anywhere in a hurry

hard to value as never see them come up for sale.. I’d settled at 225 based on sales of other evos in the range but must be a undesirable chassis as very little to work with..

maybe one day, a evo 7 will be with me.. just need a medium sized lottery win to sort me out! Haha

• Haha 1

Any ideas on these suspension arms guys? Just noticed they are completely different to any of the other TB-01’s I own.

589DA361-5991-461D-9A66-BA6216D94D40.jpeg

5A13F307-DAA0-4091-B280-974D33AE769D.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't recognise the arms either🤔 they have a good old curve on them! 

8 hours ago, Seanster43 said:

Any ideas on these suspension arms guys? Just noticed they are completely different to any of the other TB-01’s I own.

589DA361-5991-461D-9A66-BA6216D94D40.jpeg

5A13F307-DAA0-4091-B280-974D33AE769D.jpeg

Hahhha.

Think I've just been messaging you on ebay about these!

😂 yeah thought this would be a good starting point to see if anyone has any info on them 👍🏻

• Like 1

Yeah that’s a good shout strange set up it seems. Too many projects on the go so needs to go. 😩

8 hours ago, svenb said:

Any progress on the ultimate one??

Still buying parts for it. Nearly finished the TB02 rebuild with some bling. I’ll add both cars to this thread.

• Like 4

What a great thread! I found it while trying to answer a question...

What is the difference between the TA and TB product lines? What was the Tamiya logic that determined they needed two different lines of tub-chassis touring cars with similar suspension set ups, drive trains, wheelbases etc? TA05 onwards seem to be belt driven, but 1-4 were shaft drive same as the TBs...

I get the difference between TB and Evo (primarily tub vs carbon deck), but intrigued as to the fundamental differences between TA and TB

Does anyone know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

TA05 onwards seem to be belt driven, but 1-4 were shaft drive same as the TBs...

TA-series were belt driven since the 03. TB was originally released as a rally chassis, while TA was more focused for track races (especially with 04 and 05, which were low cost variants of the TRF414/5). Then, with TB Evo, TB became second onroad line - shaft drive had an advantage in low power classes, because of lower friction, TB02 was low-cost variant of the Evo3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Honza said:

TA-series were belt driven since the 03. TB was originally released as a rally chassis, while TA was more focused for track races (especially with 04 and 05, which were low cost variants of the TRF414/5). Then, with TB Evo, TB became second onroad line - shaft drive had an advantage in low power classes, because of lower friction, TB02 was low-cost variant of the Evo3.

Sorry yeah, that was a lazy brain-fade, of course the TA03 and 04 are belt driven, I've just built an 04 and am in the middle of an 03! In my defence I had a terrible night's sleep 😴 

The rest makes sense, I've just checked the timeline on Tamiyabase and the TA03 (first of the belt drive TAs) came out in 1997, while the TB-01 took up the shaft-driven mantle in 1999, mostly with rally shells apart from the Enzo. The first of the Evos followed in 2000

Cheers for helping me untangle my Monday brain :)

• Like 1

Here's my one built TB...a TB-02R with added bling

spacer.png

Added extras as follows, not sure what else I could have thrown at it without going full Evo:

• aluminium racing steering
  • aluminium upper arm mounts
  • aluminium suspension mounts
  • aluminium servo mounts
  • aluminium Evo IV rear uprights
  • carbon Evo III steering link 
  • carbon Evo III upper deck
  • carbon front and rear damper mounts
  • Evo III reinforced ball diff joints
  • Evo III lightweight prop shaft
  • SSG (random) centre plate

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

I've still got new and unbuilt:

• Evo III. It's not an actual kit, just a box of all the necessary bits, including the blue conversion kit
  • TB-01 Enzo
  • TB-04R
  • Evo V

Will post updates and more stupid questions here....

• Like 3