ALEXKYRIAK

DF-01 Build project (Experimental!)

1 hour ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Back to my body paint job/finish conundrum... I think I have a unique angle to this one. Currently under development, but will mean it’ll be a few weeks until I can post some pics....! :)  

Good man! 👌😁

14 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

I’d like to know what that rear wing mount is if you care to share. 

It's a 3D printed mount I designed myself. I did not put it up for sale as it's quite a specific part. It's made to fit modern wings from Asso, Yokomo, 3Racing etc. I used advice from the guy who designed lots of stuff for Jconcepts and designed the Durango buggies on wing height and angle. It will fit the standard TopForce shocktower, but I have a custom tower so I can use 4 screws to mount it instead of the standard 2. If you'd be interested in one I can add it to my Shapeways store. The lowerarms and toe-in rear hubs are in my shop already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tizer said:

It's a 3D printed mount I designed myself. I did not put it up for sale as it's quite a specific part. It's made to fit modern wings from Asso, Yokomo, 3Racing etc. I used advice from the guy who designed lots of stuff for Jconcepts and designed the Durango buggies on wing height and angle. It will fit the standard TopForce shocktower, but I have a custom tower so I can use 4 screws to mount it instead of the standard 2. If you'd be interested in one I can add it to my Shapeways store. The lowerarms and toe-in rear hubs are in my shop already.

Cool. I may be interested down the road. I’ll contact you via pm when I’ve decided route. 

• Like 1

OK here is a sneak preview / update on the as-of-yet unfinished car, will post more detail and hopefully the finished article later, there's still a fair bit to do (probably next weekend at this rate)....  but after much pain with getting the right body shell shape and size, and agonising over the colour scheme, here is where it's at:

DF-01 In progress

DF-01 In progress

DF-01 wip

More to follow.

• Like 8

Thanks @Man1c M0nk3y, yes finish yours! :) 

I’m loving this bodyshell but only when cut to a size outside the ‘official’ cut lines. The shell above has about 8mm extra on the side flanks and 15mm on the rear cut, and looks soooo much better than a stock shell.

It’s a bit odd Tamiya went with those cut lines given how wide this bodyshell is in relation to its height. I have another version of the shell cut to the Tamiya cut lines and it’s so flat it’s frankly odd looking.

I also reversed the wing orientation, and cut the wing to a different shape to make it a bit more personalised and ‘old school retro’ buggy. 

• Like 2

Body looks great @ALEXKYRIAK the whole build does. 

I’ll get the TF finished soon. Just a couple of bits on the DT03 need finishing. Too many jobs not enough time right now. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice, like that a lot. Except it’s missing the carbon chassis, alloy steering to go with it. You know you want to do it....

• Haha 2