Sign in to follow this  
Webbster1216

Tamiya Hornet Supreme

New to the Tamiya world, have had some rc toys growing up but nothing hobby grade. Me and a buddy of mine aren't what youd call supreme "hypebeasts", but have a few eclectic pieces. After seeing this was releasing and after diving deeper into the hornet online worm hole, I new I had to get it. Supreme pieces normally sell out in less than a minute, and this was no exception. Luckily my friend was able get it. I think it sold out so fast because everyone was looking to resell, They currently online from anywhere from 275-600 dollars still, with one "expert built" model on ebay asking 1,000 Usd.(doesnt even look like it was built correctly)For 298$, it came with everything needed to run; servo, ecs, motor, and transmitter. The only things extra i procured were paint, a set of sand scorcher rear tires, and a set of ball bearings. Also bought a new body, as i had sanded the windows on the original. Didnt want to put the decals on it if it wasnt perfect, as I dont think theres a way to get replacements. This was a first build for both my buddy and I, and to be honest I was a bit weary of how it would go. We both work on our own 1:1 cars, so that gave us some confidence. Apart from putting a few things together backwards, and at first using a longer screw or shorter screw than required, it went pretty smoothly. We got it done in about two weekends taking our time. Unfortunately We didnt document this build, but i did take a few pics near the end. Looking on instagram, Ive only come across a few other people who actually built theirs. When i can figure out how to post more pics at a lower quality, ill upload more. Thank you!

IMG_5475 copy.heic

Gotcha, just had to resize my images. 

IMG_2079.thumb.JPG.9f9890105fd16595cafc9beda206d71e.JPGIMG_5556.thumb.jpg.e5a633bc4b41c737754a5c86d94bad88.jpg

This pic was taken after a loose lower rear shock backed off and the spring went flying. Had to buy some spares for the short term.

IMG_5240.thumb.JPG.329ba22a67264584a91fc950a91690f2.JPGIMG_1865.thumb.jpg.50620f31bc718f639f4473775d16d2aa.jpg

Good on you for building and running it. 

I would have cashed in and sold it on. 

• Like 1

Nice build.  Glad to see someone actually using one of these. I was interested in one but the cost is too high at this point. Some are selling ffor well over $600 on Ebay. 

Someone needs to send a scan of the decals to MCI so the rest of use can get our hands on them :)