Jason1145

M03’s would like some (small) ramps to jump

I’ve just dug out my two Fully workingM03’s and would like to give them a thorough blast around, inspired by the fact that I’ve recently got access to a nice empty and carpeted open planed office to drive them around on, this is on an empty floor at my office building.

However, after driving my Striker and TL01 Lambo Gallardo there before Xmas it did get a bit repetitive going round and round.. so, some little jumps might liven things up?

However,  these little M03’s have justtold me they are actually scared of heights, stop quivering M03’s, but they have agreed to play ball and attempt todrive straight - head on - to a ramp.... as long as it’s a diddy one!

Obviously I will try and make my own little ramps somehow with some type of board and a couple cans of   have you guys got any simple suggestions I might be overlooking?

I’m thinking the angle of ramp should have a constant straight line on the ramp ( ie - no curved lip at the end to eject them vertical!) and only about 10-12cm high at the take off point... the only other factor is the leading edge of the ramp should ideally be wafer thin, 1-2mm if possible so to ensure a smooth transition on to the ramp at speed.

A quick Google search doesn’t throw up anything small enough to immediately go and buy ( small skate ramps look to aggressive for my intended use)

hello

wheelchair ramp out of black cab,cut in half maybe.

• Thanks 1

You just want a bit of 1mm steel plate sheet and then bend it into shape. 

• Like 1

If you want little itty bitty ramps. You can get builders wedges at a hardware store. The ones i have start at 6mm and go to about 25mm high. Youd have to stack them togetehr or screw a bit of plastic or metal sheet to it to widen it enough but they wouldnt scare your minis.

You may wanna add a brace to your shocktowers too to protect them. Mine split after a trip to an offroad track. Was only doing little (30cm) jumps as well.

• Like 1

Does your office at work have a well stocked stationery cupboard that you could make something out of? 

Thinking one of those ring binder folders laying flat with some stiff cardboard sellotaped  to the leading edge for a smooth transition onto the ramp. 

• Like 2

Funny, how I have run my M03 yesterday, and I fiddled with the suspension, and put it tomaximum hight since I am using 55mm shocks not the 50mm M chassis shocks... definately I need more ground clearence, so I would like to add to this topic how to make a M03RA.

as for the ramp, if you know how to use an electric saw... I would use wood. cant go wrong with wood. 40-50cm long wood plank with small wood sticks as foots on the sides (cut diagonal) to 2cm hight.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Does your office at work have a well stocked stationery cupboard that you could make something out of? 

Thinking one of those ring binder folders laying flat with some stiff cardboard sellotaped  to the leading edge for a smooth transition onto the ramp. 

This sounds promising... lots of good ideas ta chaps.. I promise to make a video of the result although it won’t win any design awards it should be practical ;)

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Funny, how I have run my M03 yesterday, and I fiddled with the suspension, and put it tomaximum hight since I am using 55mm shocks not the 50mm M chassis shocks... definately I need more ground clearence, so I would like to add to this topic how to make a M03RA.

as for the ramp, if you know how to use an electric saw... I would use wood. cant go wrong with wood. 40-50cm long wood plank with small wood sticks as foots on the sides (cut diagonal) to 2cm hight.

You just need m05ra or mf01x uprights. 

with a little grinding and long shock ends you can get the same ground clearance but with more travel without the RA uprights. The RA uprights limit the arm droop because the dogbone is hard against the arm.

• Like 1

And here’s the result... found some smaller A4 binders to use, they only measure 4cm in height but that was enough to get it on its roof!

thanks to all who input, good fun was had for sure... beats flat driving ;)

• Like 4