DI driver

Splitting ball joints

New day, new topic...

I'm building a DF03 and will need to pop the shock and turnbuckle off to adjust the diff but they are a really tight fit - how do you pop the shock and turnbuckle off the ball without bending or breaking something?

Thanks,

Huw.

Probably not the right way but I use a small flat bladed screw driver with some rag around the end to prevent scratches - then find a suitably robust piece of chassis to lever against.

I dont have the strength in my puny girly fingers to do it without some sort of tool.

This is one of my pet hates with turn buckles - I find that the torque you need on the spanner to turn the thread within the plastic cup tends to pop it off the ball anyway. By which point you might as well adjust it manually.

• Like 1

I normally just carefully over rotate them with small need nose pliers. They come off no problems for me. Back in the day I ran rc10gt in full anger we used RPM ball cups cause standard ones popped off too easy. The rpm ones where not fun to remove! 

• Like 1

I try to avoid cycling ball cups as much as possible.  With the DF03, you can always remove an inner hinge pin by removing an e-clip, or you can remove an outer hinge pin by removing the set screw from the upright.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

I try to avoid cycling ball cups as much as possible.  With the DF03, you can always remove an inner hinge pin by removing an e-clip, or you can remove an outer hinge pin by removing the set screw from the upright.

Great idea!!