Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

Anniversary 934 upgrades

Don’t know if anybody peeped these out yet. A German seller on eBay has been cutting chassis plates and shock towers from carbon. Very professionally done

8F47D19C-296A-46AA-A255-1151904A4AA7_zps

Cchand has been producing a set of Porsche Fuchs from aluminum. They are  a staggered fitment so you can use the wide rear tires 

9431D934-F324-450E-97AE-18667B98F6C2_zps

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Shodog said:

Cchand has been producing a set of Porsche Fuchs from aluminum. They are  a staggered fitment so you can use the wide rear tires 

First time seeing these, and almost wish I hadn't :lol: Now I'm gonna have to fit them into the budget somehow :rolleyes:

Does anyone carry this besides RC4WD?

And are those wheels using an internal beadlock design or something? There looks like there's a lot of extra meat in the center of the barrel-section.

The wheels are bolted together hence the extra material.  They are not beadlocks. 

Ive only seen these at RC4wd and they are pricey. I saw them before Christmas and they sold out. I figured I better grab a set before I can’t 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip... Had to get the damper towers..  The wheels looks awesome, but boy they were expensive :o

Tamico sells the Yeah racing upgrade Carbon set since some month, but haven´t seen the eBay set so far. Good info,

and the wheels are just heaven.:lol:

On 1/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, Shodog said:

The wheels are bolted together hence the extra material.  They are not beadlocks. 

Ive only seen these at RC4wd and they are pricey. I saw them before Christmas and they sold out. I figured I better grab a set before I can’t 

Do you have these in hand? The picture shows a center lock ring as if they are bead lock?

8 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Do you have these in hand? The picture shows a center lock ring as if they are bead lock?

01D92F1B-A03F-42D6-B456-0476C6713390_zps

They are not beadlocks. The wheel is one piece and the face is bolted to the wheel from the back. 

Those are nice but Tamiya made those in plastic for slightly less for the RSR...

33 minutes ago, salvine said:

Those are nice but Tamiya made those in plastic for slightly less for the RSR...

And they look pretty nice on my RSR

09.12.15%20030_zps4hw5m4si.jpg

The aluminum wheels are just way cooler  I think the high price reflects that they are not going to produce four trillion of them  I think these will be highly sought after in the future

• Like 4

On 1/22/2019 at 4:49 AM, Leethal Driver said:

I really (I mean really) want and RSR just like that. It's stunning.

Thanks for the compliments. I liked how the martini livery turned out on the RSR so much that I made a 996 GT2 in that livery

09.12.15%20001_zpszno3whrn.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/24/2019 at 8:23 PM, Shodog said:

Thanks for the compliments. I liked how the martini livery turned out on the RSR so much that I made a 996 GT2 in that livery

09.12.15%20001_zpszno3whrn.jpg

993 not 996 ;)

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:10 AM, Shodog said:

Don’t know if anybody peeped these out yet. A German seller on eBay has been cutting chassis plates and shock towers from carbon. Very professionally done

I noticed them, thanks to you Shodog. Always was tempted to get the 3 Racing set in Carbon, but as I cut my FRP down to 230mm wheelbase, that would have been a step back for me. Thanks to (Superluminal) Lee, I focussed on the idea to get a short 230mm Chassis plate set done. So I contacted the seller in eBay, which surprisingly was around 130km away (or better near) to me. He was very nice, and created the short Version for the same Price as the ones he offers. Included are the shock Towers in 2,5mm Carbon, and the Chassis plates in ca. 2,1mm thickness. He can also do the lower deck in 2,5mm, if someone Needs additional stiffness. We agreed to leave the servo mounting holes in original posititon on my plate, and only move the gearbox 6mm nearer to the servo area. With the use of my low profile servo and the Tamiya High torque servo saver, everything needs less space. So I could even space the servo 3-4mm under the posts even more to the front without contacting the gear box. The parts have really a good quality and a nice matte finish. But decide yourself:

P1100396.JPG

P1100401.JPG

P1100402.JPG

Cardan shaft is stock, gearbox outdrives are shortened 3mm each with a Dremel, slots cut deeper with the Dremel Disc. Brass sleeve can be easily pressed off and on again. So it´s easy to do with "home tools", the material is not too hard.

Hope I can say, that the seller is Maxspeedparts in the bay, and stocked some of the new versions. (I told him, that there are many collectors around being bothered by Tamiyas 236mm wheelbase) So you can order the shortened versions from him, just give him a mail. Maybe they will also put directly in the shop. Just one note: If you want to use a big stock servo and the old style kit Servo saver, you need to get the version with 3mm backwards located servo mounting holes. Otherwise the saver does not clear the gearbox. Damper Towers are always 2,5mm thickness. One remark: The mounting holes for the upper links are 3mm, so it´s more easy to adapt adjustable upper links. If you want to use the kit Setup, you have to drill the holes up to 4mm for the step screws.(As it is on the FRP kit shock towers). 

Just had to add 2 stickers, as Tamiya is sleeping: 

P1100422.JPG

• Thanks 1

That’s great you were able to get him to cut you a smaller chassis. Does shortening the chassis change the body mounting points?  

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

That’s great you were able to get him to cut you a smaller chassis. Does shortening the chassis change the body mounting points?  

Yes Shodog,

it does change the mounting Points, (theoretically) only the fronts. But as the Wheel arche stance is already a compromise in the kit Setup, I changed my body Mounts, to not make any new holes in my shell. I mounted a spare set of front Mounts on the rear, so they have an angle backwards. The front Posts could stay, but are spaced with some spacers cut out of 2 old M-Chassis body posts. They have the square profile as the original Mounts. in Addition you need 2 square blocks to pop in the spacers again. Then mount with longer screws. rear Posts can be slightly bend to get the correct stance on the chassis.

Above the front post over the original rear:

P1100409.thumb.JPG.cc2e24d5676438f4c862cfa2b9310f45.JPGNow the spacer cut out of Tamiya 51391 rear body post:

P1100405.thumb.JPG.364812e8fb310b422d503856e5cf31c8.JPG

• Thanks 1

and the square part, which I cutted from the (defect) Counterpart where the M-Chassis Body post used to mount:

P1100407.thumb.JPG.398dd5d8d262ab47a06707599c8fc675.JPG

So you get the new front post with spacer vs. the original:

P1100403.thumb.JPG.5da17408f75334ffb9b298af150e918c.JPG

Hope you get the idea.

The new chassis is already available in the shop, the owner is working on a more detailed description. 

Br,

Matthias

Those wheels appear to be back in stock.....as you say very pricey........simply google LOTUS 1.9" ALUMINUM WHEELS (WIDE REAR)

Finally took the time this weekend to switch out the chassis and shock towers.  Also built a new set of dampers.  

9BB095D7-B4FC-49A3-A3B2-0A7082B2ED5E_zps

2617F3D4-2BE7-484C-8B3A-B5A3C01E92EC_zps

Still need to finish up the decals on the body. 
5D0103D6-220F-4044-AB41-E23F3A187BA7_zps

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shodog said:

Finally took the time this weekend to switch out the chassis and shock towers.  Also built a new set of dampers.  

9BB095D7-B4FC-49A3-A3B2-0A7082B2ED5E_zps

2617F3D4-2BE7-484C-8B3A-B5A3C01E92EC_zps

Still need to finish up the decals on the body. 
5D0103D6-220F-4044-AB41-E23F3A187BA7_zps

very nice, so is this the shortened chassis parts described above? I notice he has 2 listings on ebay, 1 says 236mm (Standard I assume) and one says 9 9/32in? 

38 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

very nice, so is this the shortened chassis parts described above? I notice he has 2 listings on ebay, 1 says 236mm (Standard I assume) and one says 9 9/32in? 

No this is the standard 236. I would like to get one of his shortened chassis but can’t make out the difference in the eBay listings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

No this is the standard 236. I would like to get one of his shortened chassis but can’t make out the difference in the eBay listings

Seems the listings are for the same parts, converting 9 9/32 inches to mm = 235.74375mm