Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

Anniversary 934 upgrades

If its the same dude in Germany, just email him and ask him and he will make you the shorter version for the 230mm wheelbase. Thats what I did on mine and its fits perfectly with the bodyshell. The only slight hiccup was on the front and rear carbon shock towers I had to drill out the bottom holes which the step screw for the upper suspension arm fits through as the stepped part is larger than 3mm diametre.

You will also need the frp packing piece that goes between the gearbox and the shocktowers. I used mine that came with the frp kit but it would be useful if they were included as extras with the carbon plates.

I have the same shocks on mine too :wub:

I didnt have any issue with bodymounts as the shell in my kit came undrilled but did need to fabricate a shorter prop shaft. I didnt fancy dremmelling out the gearbox drive cups so cut the ends off a spare prop shaft and bonded them into a brass tube cut to length.

Resized_20200418_193925_3603.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The enlarging of the holes for the step screws is not needed, if you use adjustable camber links. If you play with the thought of upgrading, you should skip the enlarging of the holes.

• Like 1

I find the step screws dont adversly affect the handling on the shelf :D

But i never thought of adustable links. Do you know what length of turnbuckle is needed? I have another ta02 runner which i could try them on.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 12:20 PM, Superluminal said:

I find the step screws dont adversly affect the handling on the shelf :D

But i never thought of adustable links. Do you know what length of turnbuckle is needed? I have another ta02 runner which i could try them on.

Yeah, no Need for it on the shelf! :D

If I rember correctly, I used some 3x18mm Tamiya black alloy ones with short ball ends, as from the lower shock mounts. Unfortunately Tamiya did not rerelease tuning stuff from TA02 times, apart from the FRP chassis and the high speed gear set. Would like to get the old racing bumper upgrade for mine. And also the adjustable upper link set would sell good in my eyes...

• Like 1