Sign in to follow this  
Kamikuza

Balance cable extension made but ...

Jeez what a shenanigans.

You can add JST-XH connectors to the list of plugs that I hate :blink: Stupid tiny little things that are just asking to be destroyed when you remove them, don't line up nicely and the males still have to be soldered so why are there crimpable male pins in the box?!?!

And I had to go out and buy a new crimping tool in the middle of it all because my one was too thick :( cost per crimp so far -- $20 :D

Got it done in the end, 5 to 3 pin, even used the right colored wires and didn't mix them up :D Used my new multimeter to test continuity, then plugged it into the charger, which read the different voltage and resistance in each cell ... so I guess it all works.

So I learned that my soldering skills for tiny things is rusty, the octopus third hand is tricky to line up perfectly but otherwise very useful, and you can make yourself motion-sick using magnifying glasses trying to focus on the TV which is way out of the focal range :D

You can buy 3 pin cable extensions, and just cut the tab off one side and stick it in the correct side. I have heaps and would happily send one but it would have taken 2 weeks.

• Like 1

The charger is 5-pin, the battery of course 3 so it's a mix 'n match. It bothers me a lot less than cutting up plugs and things :D

You can also buy adapters that have a 5 pin plug on one end and a board with all the female xh-jst plugs for 2s (3 pin) 3s (4 pin) 4s (5 pin) etc

17 hours ago, berman said:

You can also buy adapters that have a 5 pin plug on one end and a board with all the female xh-jst plugs for 2s (3 pin) 3s (4 pin) 4s (5 pin) etc

Could only find 7-plug one so didn't bother. I actually like my longer one better :D cos I can use the battery in the LiPO bag easily. 

I bought a pack of 10 extentions from hobby king a while back for around £3 gbp. Only needed one but they came in a pack .

James.