evssv69

Iconic cup

22 hours ago, Carts said:

I would love to take a decent stock Tamiya car to the iconic cup in Weston-super-Mare in April. Has anyone one got anything? Mondeo or primera would the dream but wouldn’t want to knock it 

were in weston is this happening?i`m only in Bristol so wouldn't mind popping down to watch......;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evssv69 said:

were in weston is this happening?i`m only in Bristol so wouldn't mind popping down to watch......;)

Mendip bleadon. Not sure where that is in Weston I’m coming up from Newton Abbot so bout hour drive

• Like 1

ahh I knows....they got a biggish onraod track and a smaller off road on ...on the lane between brean/Weston....prob 45mins/hr for me from here;)

Just now, evssv69 said:

ahh I knows....they got a biggish onraod track and a smaller off road on ...on the lane between brean/Weston....

This might be a stupid question but is it tarmac outside racing? 

I can't help with a car but I might well be at that event - it's about as local as any Iconic event gets.  Only it's on my wife's birthday weekend so duties may preclude racing :o 

If you don't find anything I might have an old racer you can borrow for the day.  Stock FF01 with a Calsonic Primera body?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I can't help with a car but I might well be at that event - it's about as local as any Iconic event gets.  Only it's on my wife's birthday weekend so duties may preclude racing :o 

If you don't find anything I might have an old racer you can borrow for the day.  Stock FF01 with a Calsonic Primera body?

Ok mate wil keep that in mind. So could I run a stock TT01e  mercedes sls amg gt3 ? Or does it have to older? It’s my first time going 

58 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Is there a list or description anywhere as to what type of car body and era is suitable?

Not sure if I’m honest 

All the rules/booking in info are here: https://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/index.php?option=com_cbs&task=cbs2events&opt=ve&eid=296

If you click on a specific class, you can find all the information you need. Worst case, give me a shout 

The shells are restricted in M-chassis, but the rest are a little more open. Basically, no modern TC race shell. Emphasis on scale shells

15 hours ago, Ichibangtr said:

Worst case, give me a shout.

Which class would a TT02 chassis fit into, the same Stock category as the TT01 / TT01E ? (the TT02 isnt listed anywhere, not in the super stock class either) Strange its not shown anywhere as a lof of the stock tamiya touring cars come with this chassis as standard.

These races sound great - like a 1:10 scale Gran Turismo

21 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Which class would a TT02 chassis fit into, the same Stock category as the TT01 / TT01E ? (the TT02 isnt listed anywhere, not in the super stock class either) Strange its not shown anywhere as a lof of the stock tamiya touring cars come with this chassis as standard.

These races sound great - like a 1:10 scale Gran Turismo

Its not listed as its not eligible to compete

The idea of the iconic cup is kind of a continuation /homage to the Tamiya eurocup which is no longer active in the UK. Basically, it's a championship for on road cars that would of competed up to 2004 

The idea is that we blow the cobwebs off our old cars & have a blast

Note: there is ZERO support /affiliation with Tamiya

Ok that makes sense. Would it be open to entrants who have never raced before / complete beginners etc?

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Ok that makes sense. Would it be open to entrants who have never raced before / complete beginners etc?

Yes, all abilities are welcome. Provided you have a BRCA licence, you're more than welcome to compete

We always help each other out at a meeting, so don't feel afraid to ask anyone for help. I always bring used race tyres if someone wants to try them /trashed their current set or don't wanna use their fancy wheels! 

If you don't have a licence, visit brca.org where you can purchase one. It's like a £20 insurance policy in case something happens. Plus, it's valid at all racing clubs affiliated with the BRCA (About 99% of clubs in the UK) 

I'm planning on coming for a watch as I'm in the South West. Its a great circuit to watch at, I've only driven on the off road track there. Wish I still had my old TL01 chassis... 

1 hour ago, Boomerang_kid said:

I'm planning on coming for a watch as I'm in the South West. Its a great circuit to watch at, I've only driven on the off road track there. Wish I still had my old TL01 chassis... 

More than welcome to watch. I will never sell my TL01-LA, love that car!