Grumpy pants

Tyre Lettering?

Hi gang,

What’s everybody using to do this?

I’m sure I saw a link that mentioned gel pens...any links, tips and the like all greatly appreciated! 

Thank you

Simon 

I bought a white gelliroll pen in whsmiths - wasnt expensive but i think would rub off if driven a lot.

• Thanks 1

PS1 and a cocktail stick for me. Always seem to have some knocking around. A bit old fashioned I guess, but it works perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gelly Roll pens, less than £2 online from a certain well known auction site. Alternatively WH Smith’s do them in multi colour packs of 12 pens for under a tenner

32831428388_a07958a8c6_b.jpg

👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Halfords have empty paint chip pens at the paint mixing station. These have both an extremely fine brush as well as a syringe type point. All intended for filling paint chips but perfect for tyre lettering. They don't sell  them but I'm sure asking nicely you could blag a couple free empties

Look identical  to these;

https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product/elite-stone-chip-paint-touch-up-pen-12ml-single

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with @Fuijo - tried all the rest + PS1 carefully loaded (then delicately layered) into the tyre letter recess with a cocktail stick works best.

It also ages authentically if you’re restoring - which gel pens never do.

• Thanks 1

I haven’t done any but remember watching an IconicRC YouTube clip where he mentioned using PS paint on the Tyres, he had red & blue on one of he’s buggy’s. 

• Thanks 1

Amazing response gang, thank you for the tips, links and rapid response!

Have a great weekend 👍

Simon 

Hello,

can anyone give me the Specs (inner and outer diarmeter) for a Clodbuster Tires?  (And maybe the Specs of that Wild Dagger Tire i use?)

I`m not at home for a week and a guy from Germany will print me some Stencils for Lettering.

He needs the specs for desinging the Stencils.

The old Decals do not adhere propperly on the Tire (as expected)

20201226_121925.thumb.jpg.64608d2bb31478dd9ad4698bd624ca6a.jpg20201226_121941.thumb.jpg.0a32b27a3bceda9fff3d273bd06b791a.jpg

Help would be much aprechiated :D