Sign in to follow this  
Juls1

What should I build next?

What build thread should I do next?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I’ve got a little time over the next few weeks to get into some boxes that are sitting about looking to be opened as well as some piles of parts for various projects. Not sure where to start though...

options

1. XV-01 pro tc 

intended as a rubber tire drifter/gymkhana style build. No interest in actual touring car use. Already have a xv01lds and love it’s handling as a dirt rally car.

2. TA02 Stadium build,

basically a shortened manta ray, lots of alloy bits, frp chassis, body off a asterion and some bigger truck wheels and tires, a mildish power system to be nice to the fragile transmission

3. DB-01RR vs DB02

full hopup build, the belt vs shaft DB chassis built side by side with most of the hopups. 

Re release super astute vs it’s younger fancier brother re release dyna storm.

Definitely the wide track TA02. Don’t make it look like mine though :P

5B738E90-906C-4EA9-87EE-80F1B4465E68.thumb.jpeg.0d5df4f7200db77f78640e6ada02b53e.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Definitely the wide track TA02. Don’t make it look like mine though :P

5B738E90-906C-4EA9-87EE-80F1B4465E68.thumb.jpeg.0d5df4f7200db77f78640e6ada02b53e.jpeg

A TA02 based old school stadium truck sounds super RAD. Please do this. I've a few old Manta Rays that were gonna be old school touring cars. This could be really cool though as long as the gears could hold together.

Are those CR01 bead locks I spy? any adapters needed on for the offset?

Question for the experts, can brush-less be programmed to reduce gear shock on landing, e.g., ta02 means no slipper clutch availability, 2.2 stadium tires means even more drive train stress I would think. Maybe a super lax coast setting when off  the throttle for the esc...?

4 minutes ago, geniusanthony said:

Are those CR01 bead locks I spy? any adapters needed on for the offset?

They are indeed :) 

Definitely DB!  

It's a chance (for me) to see DB chassis side by side.  How often does that happen?  

• Like 2

In due course I’ll do them all, I’m surprised the db vs db is doing so well so far. My preference was the Ta02 or the DB’s which are coming last and first Will see what this looks like tomorrow!

of course this all hinges on Chris getting back to me about a tcphotos account. 

• Like 1

I picked the SA/DS tandem build. I'm familiar with the Astute series but not the Dynastorm and how its related to the Astute. I'll never get one of the DB buggies at this point but seeing those two compared would be a close second for me.

• Like 1

For TC, ditch the XV01 Pro TC and get something else better for touring like a TB03 and up for shaft driven or TA04 and up for belt driven.

• Like 1

I've never seen a DB02 so keen to see that side by side with the DB01. The Super Astute and Dynastorm would be pretty cool too.

58 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

For TC, ditch the XV01 Pro TC and get something else better for touring like a TB03 and up for shaft driven or TA04 and up for belt driven.

I like this suggestion, you could always do TA07 v TB05 v M07...

8 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Question for the experts, can brush-less be programmed to reduce gear shock on landing, e.g., ta02 means no slipper clutch availability, 2.2 stadium tires means even more drive train stress I would think. Maybe a super lax coast setting when off  the throttle for the esc...?

I know you wanted to hear from experts but I'll answer anyway...

I have a slipper eliminator in my RB6.6 and tighten the slipper in my ZX6 so it doesn't work and have also listened to a mate ruin a TT02B diff (in one of my TT02B) in a few laps and throttle control is the best way to preserve gears when landing. Remove drag brake from the ESC as if you have this then lifting off the throttle can cause the front end to drop. Keep the car flat(ish, or slightly nose up) through the jump (apply throttle or brake as required) and lift off the throttle when landing. My TT02B with the notriously weak ring gear is still going strong after many many packs with me doing this, but gets ruined very quickly by a noob who just stays on the throttle the whole jump. 

My Boomerang has also survived a lot of packs over the last 2 years and that has a 13.5T brushless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

The purpose of the XV-01pro tc is for a rubber tire drifter/gymkhana build which it’s going to be much better at than any rear motor chassis.  No interest in a race able touring car, no tracks within 500km of me sadly.

• Like 2

As I would like to own a XV01, I would also like to see the build.

the DB01 and DB02 are interesting models and I voted for them!

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I like this suggestion, you could always do TA07 v TB05 v M07...

That sound like a great idea! I have just built an M-07, and would love to see how it compares to the TB-05. I'd build one myself if I could justify it, but I have yet to reach the full potential of my TB-03..

• Like 2

DB-01 v DB-02 voter here.. Always good to see the evolution in design of a class, do the solutions to one design create other unseen o es in the next generation? Also interested in seeing the XV-01 set up as a drifter. Great choice. 

• Like 1

Looks like it’s gonna be the DB chassis, can’t seem to get any response from Chris regarding a tcphotos account though :wacko:

Plan was to do them in one thread, unless everyone thinks i should do 2 threads?

• Like 2

I should think 1 thread would be easier to see things side by side?  

• Like 1

So the DB’s are being prepped up, hopefully make a start next few days. Thanks to those that took the time and effort to vote. Appreciated. 

• Like 3