graemevw

TA02SW black porsche build

On 1/26/2019 at 4:51 AM, graemevw said:

vxD0ChL.jpgDecals all done. Ive learned im much better at cutting these with a knife that i am scissors. 

Hopefully the new tail will arrive today.

Really wish the battery holder wasn't so low, it detracts from a beautiful kit. You did a great job with this one :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scipunk said:

Really wish the battery holder wasn't so low, it detracts from a beautiful kit. You did a great job with this one :)

Agreed, i might centralise it as its less obvious from the other side.

Thanks, not finished yet though, just sorting the wing and cockpit set, pice when done :)

• Like 1

Cockpit is painted and fitted. I hate doing these, im no modeller. Will look ok from 20 foot away as i bounce it off curbs.

54L0Elv.jpg

Salvaged the tail too. Another nightmare. I got the gloss perfect, then the flat spray made the masking react with the laquer. Had to brush the flat black which looks poor. Never mind.

efCliDP.jpg

Ill get the lights in tonight, finish the electrics and then its done apart from the second set of wheels.

• Like 1

Some great Progress here! Don´t worry About the wing. Mine was scratched in my first run, so I had to brush my sprayed finish for repair.:lol:

Any pics of the Cockpit? I started doing mine now, cutting I did a Little different. Then I have to sort my light Installation, too. With the stance I´m quite proud now, good for Looks and running.

Have a nice Sunday,

Matthias

Ill see if i can get some better pics of the cockpit later. I bought the paint yesterday for the fuchs so will get them done soon too :)

• Like 1

I will get some pics of that too, but it slides/wedges nicely under the clips for the wing mirrors and velcros at the back under the rear window.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Truck Norris said:

I scanned the sticker sheet and re-made all the window rubbers, the trim on the top of the front bumper and the side trims with matt black vinyl. This looks more realistic than the shiny black and as they are cut with a machine, they are perfect with no clear surrounds or risk of cutting into the black by mistake. A lot quicker than masking and painting too. If anyone wants one I can do a sheet of these for £10 plus postage:

934-49400-jager-bonnet-detail.jpg

These sheets are for a Peugeot 306, but you can see how they look. Just peel off and stick on, no cutting required. The 306 has a mixture of gloss and matt window trims so there's sheets for both shown here, and they are one piece not in sections like the 934, as the original 306 has tinted windows on the sticker sheet.

306-marlboro-graphics.thumb.jpg.68b7b52725873c74e4511367f7dd8023.jpg

Would be very interested in buying 3 sets if the offer still stands @Truck Norris ? 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, SuperChamp82 said:

Would be very interested in buying 3 sets if the offer still stands @Truck Norris ? 

Me too @Truck Norris I’d be up for 2 sets if they’re still available 👍

• Like 1

This is a really useful build thread @graemevw thanks! How have you been getting on with it over the last year or so? Any changes or updates?