ACCEL

FAT FOX GULF

you might be right, it seems top heavy looking but i do not plan on bashing it either, i can always put in the slips later. my first drift build the MST FMX 2.0 and all its gear arrived before the Buggyra arrived, so when i started to get parts for the Gulf i figured i'd make it a drift and could swap out parts if it did not work out to my liking.

but how considerate for you to be concerned for the lil' Gulf Ball:blink:

ok now i just made a rear roof top spoiler dam wind deflector out of an microwave oven frozen food container. shaped as though it was meant to be, want to see it?

HA!

well the Carbon Satin Black is about to be applied, painting for me is really no fun until it's done.

it's wrapped even under.

the only reason i posted this is, all this time in between the chassis and the other two builds the pin stripping and masking took too long and even though it looks alright i had to re-define some areas, remember i'm just a rattle can man, i have airless for houses and actual 1:1 car painting, but i kinda like the can works only because it brings back painting bicycles and a gocart i had when i was a younger lad.

yes i had to show some back drop, my daughters room is now my office after 30+ years

the Power Rangers that are on the my kids baseball trophy are actually the drivers for the Gulf, they are the right size at 5" (127mm / 12.7CM) they already have their racing helmuts on. the red one is Jason and the blue one is Kevin:lol:.........................:unsure:

SDC11042 (2).JPG

SDC11043 (2).JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ACCEL said:

well the Carbon Satin Black is about to be applied, painting for me is really no fun until it's done.

it's wrapped even under.

the only reason i posted this is, all this time in between the chassis and the other two builds the pin stripping and masking took too long and even though it looks alright i had to re-define some areas, remember i'm just a rattle can man, i have airless for houses and actual 1:1 car painting, but i kinda like the can works only because it brings back painting bicycles and a gocart i had when i was a younger lad.

yes i had to show some back drop, my daughters room is now my office after 30+ years

the Power Rangers that are on the my kids baseball trophy are actually the drivers for the Gulf, they are the right size at 5" (127mm / 12.7CM) they already have their racing helmuts on. the red one is Jason and the blue one is Kevin:lol:.........................:unsure:

SDC11042 (2).JPG

SDC11043 (2).JPG

Very very apt as my team Liverpool (Re) are about to kick off their next game on TV tonight... come on you Reds!

If I ever put another driver in one of my cars I'all tag him Accel... I already have a couple skeleton skull heads driving a F103GT LeMan car but they would do you a dis-service lol.

I love that little white go cart thing on the left in the background what is it? And all those prize trophies... must be a proud dad if they are your daughters!

That’s looking great so far! Where’s the wind deflector though?! 

The blue Power Ranger, i’m honoured 😊

• Thanks 1

here's just a one sample what i like to do, a plethora of miscellaneous parts, be it for my trains, slots, house, other rc's and,well, what ever fits or looks neat, some projects come out better than others. this is gearing up to show what is going on/in the Gulf ( i'll do a diesel mock engine later).

This pic is of a 100 pc. utility blade dispenser (as the engine block) , aluminum screen channel, aluminum tubing, various wires, valve core stems, electronic parts, pen springs, wire nut, brass ferrule, weed eater line, small blue rubber hose, vinyl shinny tape, rubber band, snap button, jewelry crimps, and three Knex pc. and a few screws. And yes the boat has been on water many times and nothing falls off, but my blower belt (rubber band has aged and broke off twice)... hope you enjoy, scratch build is a lot of fun. on that note it takes quite a while for these things to come into play, to me it's more fun to create than to play i really like when i see creativity here and abroad.

some things i purchase, most is already at home or through my job.

SDC11045 (2).JPG

SDC11051 (2).JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh and  the engine turn on rear deck is done on aluminum with a pencil eraser and scotch brite pad

This is only part of what is being used and some of the first to be installed.

SDC11056_(2).JPG

Left to right from top to bottom;

Black leftover fabric from a subwoofer box i built; this is for the rear of the cab.

Light blue drawer liner; floor board.

In the Lids: These are sequence / rhinestones i use for idiot lights; Black slightly larger size, white smallest size.

One of five screens.

Dashboard; made from the material which everything is sitting on, an HP laptop computer lid. The silver bottom piece is a guard rail from xtra pcs. from my Scaleectric race track. 

Rotor may or may not be used, i have 7mm & 9mm aluminum wheel hexes i may want to use to widen the Gulf wheel stance, (i'm not there yet).

SDC11057_(2).JPG

The engine block is going to look meaty sat there.... you could even look to rig up smoking exhausts as I remember seeing them available for RC cars.

Or or or..... those big chimney stack exhausts running up the back of the cab, twin chrome ones would be neat. You've just inspired me to look at extras I can put on mine as I remember I have some gusts rail thingies left over from a 1/10 pick up truck... 

One of two door fabric panels,

Left over Tamiya 1:14 G.H. part; center rear of cab interior Gyro, or something (light control box would not fit) bummed me out so it'll have to be placed under cab).

One of a few sets of pipes i have in mind to use.

Roll cage; leftover pieces from an SCX10 build, and aluminum bendable rod i painted with Testors Exhaust Black Buffing Metalizer Lacquer, S.S, JDS tubing.

One of the screens.

Lil' electronics bits & pieces for exterior rear of cab with cable and hose connections, and the S.S tubing extension arm for view monitor.

SDC11059_(2).thumb.JPG.9cda302cf4e088edb42c8459e06bae8d.JPG

These are from various electronics; 

The View monitor; Child proof receptacle plug protector, with Black Rainbow Tape and Metalizer paint,with a S.S. tube arm extension to face driver (see the Flyslot Pics on page #1)

Fabric bolster; Bicycle handlebar wrap material.

SDC11062 (2).JPG

just a peak.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SDC11066 (4).JPG

• Like 1

now remember, multi-tasking two other builds, a bunch of containers, work boxes, sheets and sheets of notes and templates and did i mention i'm human HA!

it seems that one hobby helps the others go more flowing, it's a learning curve, so being a Builder/ Contractor demo,building and constructing commercial and residential

is so much easier for me on my jobs. i could of never done half this if it was not for folks like your selves sharing, i'll try and explain Radio Control to some one (with my limited knowledge) they just can not grasp all that make these things move so darn fast. My mom walks into my house and can't stand my Z scale train set she says "every thing is too darn small"  but when i walk in it's like driving out of the mountains and setting upon a small town, i'll never stop building. people say hobbies are expensive, well i say being stagnant and not using your brain and body is a Tax of it self. (i know WAYYYYY too many people they never get off the phone they are always watching some Dumb A$$ TV show and complain about they have nothing and whoa is me (i do love a good movie) anyways i believe i just installed the shortest body posts in RCdom. (post later tonight) so Thanx for all of you being, well you!

now i'm spending too much time on the computer, well at times i'm the Dumb A$$:o

• Haha 2

Lol that makes perfect sense, I'm guilty too being on the phone too much too and not actually driving/finishing RC projects... I blame the cold weather, young daughter to entertain and being lazy but I love your updates and watching out for next photos.

all as well, were only human, we make life what it is (wish i had this mind set when i was younger:huh:).

Anyways maybe the shortest body posts (REAR) i've seen, even bent at a slight angle made of that bendable aluminum rod.........................

59498917_SDC11068(2).thumb.JPG.ed48d346cf29716320ba0e79d13ab3e0.JPG

these attach just like you seem them just left and right below the coupler plate, they swivel ever so to grab and snap to the other magnet to my valve stem caps. 

The Fronts:

SDC11067 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Just finished mid/rear plate deck, i'm only showing the coupler plate for now.

Just now started the interior, this is the left door panel, almost complete, then the right side.

SDC11080 (2).JPG

SDC11073 (2).JPG

It's Paracord, it's another hobby of mine, and yes i use it for my boot shoelaces when needed, the colors are endless as what you can make and do with it, Google it.  i've made knife/ax handle wraps, Zippo lighter case, Monkey Fists, zipper pulls, it's fun you get to learn a lot of trick knots also comes in different (sizes) diameters.

there's always something to be modified, rebuilt, remodeled, fabricated out of just about anything, i believe it all started with my N scale trains when i was 10 years old,

sand paper, air strip load brad nails for roofs, toothpicks for log cabins it's endless it's fun and 90% of the stuff is already around the house but it takes quite a while to think, do and re-do some times many times and yes some things i'll spend hours on and it ends up getting scrapped. some things i come across and do it slightly different, some things (been doing this for ages) just pop in my head. i thrive on taking a hand full of this and that and make it into things, i could spend a day taking individual photos of scratch builds that i've done. has anyone been or seen Wunderland? 

now there's my inspiration for a lot of what i do. there is more videos on this place, i first came across one of their videos about several years ago and i started to cry, these people that created this place, is what i strive to do every day on any and every thing i touch and i'm still practicing, yes if i can buy it i will but if i can make it no matter how long it takes  Iam going to build it. but some things just have to be purchased like the Tamiya Buggyra:D

as a matter of fact speedy_w_beans i'll be posting another racing seat (used with same paracord) shortly. the other one was a proto-type see the next following photos.

• Thanks 1

Here is the actual laptop speaker grills i'm installing on the interior rear of the cab (they looked so neat to me) of course they actually won't have their original speakers in them. the second photo is a buffing pad (for finger nails,they were my wife's ) i use to bring back the sheen to plastic parts after i cut, Dremel and sand/ file, them.

A Before picture and an After picture----------------------------------

SDC11083 (2).JPG

SDC11081 (2).JPG

SDC11084 (3).JPG

Left to right: Eye glasses protective case, Proto-type Racing seat( with the red cordage, the other seat i'll use the paracord looks more racey). Notice "DREMEL" that is a center divider strip piece from an accessory box, (the black clamp) is clamping down on a child proof receptacle plug protector with a 2mm SS screw for a post through the floor board, the head rest is part of a shot (needle/syringe) my son has to take for his Crohn's disease.

Bottom center is the rear picture shot of the drivers viewer screen made also from a child plug protector, electronic piece, SS JDS tubing, SS lock nut for the cinch nut and the through dash board 2mm backing nut. whew!

2032426112_SDC11086(2).thumb.JPG.07581cf5f891a31e53168f8b1a078a50.JPG

i do not know how to edit this photo out, it's too bright. every photo i have to crop to get it's size below the requirement and BLAM! the photo's turn out to be micro scope photos or telescopic all depends how you look at it to me they are too darn big shows great detail and the imperfections i can't even see that close using my magnifier visor until i post a picture here.

I never saw the lil' garbage can until earlier now the duplicate photo is gone Thanks Garbage Cans

Edited by ACCEL
just now figured it out