ACCEL

FAT FOX GULF

Started couple of weeks ago with scratch build items and left over Grand Hauler pieces. my 1/32 scale Flyslots are awe inspiring for what this Tamiya will be,

Fat And Fast. well fast enough 21.5 i do not want to destroy it.

Original tub, with Tamiya, GPM, Yeah Racing, GMADE hop ups, Acer sport bearings, , MST gyro, Thunder Power Z3R 21.5, HW XR10 PRO & Titanium screw kit,and a hint of diamond plate with moderate lighting.

about 80 1.6mm stainless steel torx button head screws as rivets and full detail interior with aluminum/ nylon roll cage.

winter is a great time to build, this is along side building an MST FMX 2.0 Datsun 620 and a beautiful Grand Hauler in Pacific Green. 

Hot Racing aluminum coupler. (BELOW)

SDC10931 (2).JPG

• Like 4

a lil' box full my scratchings, the Craftsman is part of a fabric storage bag from a camping chair, it's the head liner, i chose it because OSH is out of business and Lowes picked up the line so hopefully Craftsman will still be around for a awhile longer. hope Sears survives but who knows?  just because i grew up with these stores.

SDC10930 (2).JPG

• Like 3

just painted wheels today, body has first coat, for the lil' side view mirror insets i cut out thin aluminum and polished.

the chassis is almost done, started last night.

SDC10949.JPG

• Like 2

Me too,another Fat Fox, never seen that alloy coupler before it looks nice!

ok you two i need suggestions 1st, i made a neat lil' bug deflector for the hood my question is i have to paint it, black, orange, light blue? (with or without the stripes?, i'd do chrome but it would  black from behind.

also i just realized the kit came with 9/8mm and 5/6mm (depends whose ruler you trust) wheel hexes, i ordeed alum. 9's for the rear and 7's for the front.

the scratch build supplies range from many different things (it's what i like to do for me) some 3D printing products looks like silly sand to me, plus i like imagination it's here at Tamiya Club and OSE and other sites i visit it's Bliss. i have the three builds going every build has a container, the original boxes and smaller containers for all the scratchings, so as to wait for products arrive i jump to another part of one of the builds, i've two builds at once before but three is pushing it mentally but i just dream better

for one will lead to different ideas and use similar or the same whatnots to share.

can anyone share or point me to the right direction on miniature hinges? i have ideas with lil' barres and pins but attaching to lexan seems to be a bear.

Where is the bug deflector going exactly and what size/shape is it?

I honestly had enough mental zone outs from just trying to get a different body colour scheme to work with the original Fat Fox decals so to then consider doing "extra" stuff to the shell is beyond the pail at the moment but good luck with yours.

Jason 1145 there 18 smacks on flea bay, i stole the one from my Grand hauler and had to repurchase another

i have to say i saw your build earlier it's awesome .

The chassis is what it is but these Trucks are absolutely SICK!

i've had my Fly's since 2009 or so for the detail inside is just as neat as the exterior for such a small scale motorized model, i build 1/24th scale slot dragsters that are just as sick.

SDC10952 (2).JPG

SDC10953 (2).JPG

SDC10954 (2).JPG

• Like 3

left over pieces from all that left over lexan we had to cut out, i'd thought i'd never see a truck appear from that blow mold Ha!

This is taped to my laptop screen, the photo would only go between 300% and 400% this was 400% which was closest to size.

it actually looks better against the actual FFG, i even think i'll put little black rubber stoppers just right behind it like was on all my work trucks i've had.

SDC10964 (2).JPG

SDC10967 (2).JPG

• Haha 2

i'll take a pic later before you guys decide how i should paint it

Thanx for your interest Jason 1145

i purchased 100's of SS screws for these and to finish a jeep i never had screws for the diamond plate (1.6mm and eye glass screws) make neat door lock holes and such, some of this i make up some i see on other sites it's like a nifty puzzle

• Like 1

I can't believe I didn't do the wing mirrors on mine... stuck the cab together then decal'd it up now I can't pull it apart to rectify... rather don't want to risk pulling it apart!

The only tricky decal I found to apply was that large Czech Republic flag on the roof that runs from from to back... I creased it big time and ruined it now it's off the truck.. tried to salvage it but no bueno.....

I suggest you either cut it in two pieces across the thin gap in the decal or just and lay the back of the cab side first... I started with the thinner front decal then it all got out of control when it widened out to that second part of the decal and... meh!

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I can't believe I didn't do the wing mirrors on mine... stuck the cab together then decal'd it up now I can't pull it apart to rectify... rather don't want to risk pulling it apart!

The only tricky decal I found to apply was that large Czech Republic flag on the roof that runs from from to back... I creased it big time and ruined it now it's off the truck.. tried to salvage it but no bueno.....

I suggest you either cut it in two pieces across the thin gap in the decal or just and lay the back of the cab side first... I started with the thinner front decal then it all got out of control when it widened out to that second part of the decal and... meh!

The mirrors have such a large Nub and i cut out the side windows so as to see actual netting (from a sport zippered bag) that the Nub may rip though the edge some day, so on that note i think i can trim back and tap and die a little screw and washer for the pre-drilled holes i already did. i took a aluminum lid from French's Onions and made the mirror insets and polished them. i'll show my scratchings later in detail as to share ideas. some are ok.

it's just plain out fun to create.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

Light blue with no stripes gets my vote @ACCEL

oh dear Kevin MC i just do not know what to do, i had to ask for there is a few avenues to turn down. and thank you for your input.

ok now on the rear fenders are going to be carbon black (as not to be shinny but not flat either) the rear fender guards left over from the Grand Hauler are chrome should i paint them black or leave chrome. i'm think'n black (even though i know when i scratch build when i find a pieces, not to mess with it's already made color sometimes is just best not to screw it up with my rattle can talents):lol: so i may just leave it chrome for now, but being the Flyslot is black on its guards.

Ok and ok it's kinda endless. dang if you do, dang if you don't.

i must have about 100 pieces of various things going on or in this cab to make it like my slot trucks.

wait to you see the racing screens and view screen. 

• Like 1

The "a" is from the sheet of stickers Amain Hobbies sent went i had pre-ordered the Fat Fox. Orange imagine that, they employed a lot of people that lived in Paradise CA. that's where a whole town was a blaze, kinda dedicated this build on that premise being i've been ordering from them for years. i contributed to their fire fund a while ago so if they have something i need i make an effort to purchase from them, plus they ship mad fast, even though i'm rarely in a rush for these things for there is more important factors in life, it's just RC is my therapy.

Well, i really like this...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SDC10993 (2).JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ACCEL said:

i'm hooked on this.....

SDC11024 (3).JPG

Ok, that does look bad assssssss! ;)

there is still a few things to be done to the chassis, but it's only cosmetic, and some zip ties, and placement of the MST RS Gyro, and waiting for some tow hooks.

i installed Tamiya Front One way Unit #53631 (OP-671) and the Yeah Racing TT-069BU Aluminum Solid Rear Axle.

SDC11026 (2).JPG

SDC11027 (2).JPG

SDC11028 (2).JPG

• Like 4

Looking good Accel! 

With that much aluminium and over 100 accessories on the body darr you actually drive it in anger and try to get some sideways 4wheel drifts going on... it'll only take a bit of extra grip or a lip on the road to send it tumbling ;)

( I wouldn't!)