ACCEL

FAT FOX GULF

started on this earlier and is not complete, Testors signal paint, aluminize style vinyl wrap is left to do and screw it.

drilled two 3mm holes for LED lights and two outer mounting holes.

This is made from a Levolor light control shade rod (Acrylic i guess) ripped down the center to be flat on one edge, wet sanded, polished.

this is for the three (3) rear of cab Third brake light,

white led was a test and then the red.

SDC11090 (2).JPG

SDC11091 (2).JPG

• Like 1

it acts like almost fiber optics, got this idea years ago from my Faux Christmas Tree i do this on my train and slotcar sets,some times LED is overly bright and needs a dab of same color paint or something opaque or like what i did below(the photo came out very strange) anyway i tested it against where it will be placed and it was not like what you see below, it was way toned down. those pics soon to come.

SDC11092 (2).JPG

Motion steering wheel,

check, re-check check it again, one more time, wait , check it again and again, OK! now drill the Fargin hole.

now i get to hide the gears, I already got that covered.

this took more energy and brain power than any thing up to date, yes it's really easy if you want to look at the gearing in your face protruding through the dash board, not in my Gulf it had to be hidden (those pics will follow) now to decorate the dashboard and reinstall it after the 35th time. 

SDC11108 (2).JPG

• Like 4

wasn't going to say a peep, but i have too.

Lighted Dashboard in the making, i had red, amber, and white MRC Light Genie's size of a head of a pin, but i used my last of the greens for Starboard on my Majesty 800S so i had to order some more (green because my Dodge has green idiot lights, since amber already used for marker/blinkers & red for tail and brake lights).

well it works well with the red (test led) waiting on the green. once again it glows ever so.

i use these for porch lights and any other small light fixtures for the Z & N scale train sets. you can also run these in series and has a built in resistor. 

now i'll finish the broader part of the dashboard (almost there) i just keep finding things to do to it and parts get swapped, some fit better than others, some after awhile just don't look right and some things just plain do not work ,or as simple as just not enough room.

Clear plastic parts box divider (hecka Tuff & easy to buff)

SDC11109 (2).JPG

SDC11110 (2).JPG

In reality there is no such thing as a Fat Fox.

how do you pronounce Buggyra? are the G's J sounding, is it bug gyra (like the sound of gyro), or bug gera and the Y is silent ? 

This reminds me of Damnation Alley 

Image result for Buggyra racing how to "pronounce"

these would win NASCAR races, because the cars could never get round em HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

I'd say BuggyRa like doggyra pronunciation the g's normally.

That Gulf MANN looks like yours!!! ;)

7 hours ago, ACCEL said:

In reality there is no such thing as a Fat Fox.

how do you pronounce Buggyra?

How do you mean that there's no Fat Fox? It's in the picture :D

Buggyra is pronounced same as Baghira from Jungle book. They started as Baghira racing, but changed it in 2000's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2019 at 10:35 PM, Honza said:

How do you mean that there's no Fat Fox? It's in the picture :D

when have you ever seen a Fat Fox in the wild? they're being chased by hounds all the time;)

• Haha 1

Unusual  for sure, well it's fun for me. it had its moments, and funny how you'll catch lil' nuance's and woulda' coulda' shoulda' done some things a bit different or better, or didn't catch that. some times i tell myself "just walk away".

sometimes i believe i like to pound sand:o

This Lil' gem was fun to create...............................

SDC11118 (2).JPG

Earring loop, these are the medium rhinestone sizes i had, Thanx RC4WD for the Gauges/Meters. small hole drilled used with IC-2000 BSI CA Glue (been using this stuff more than clear it does craze a bit but it still black), painted with Pintar Paint Pens.

Isn't he cute? 

SDC11129 (2).JPG

SDC11126 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Like a Rhinestone cowboy... giddyup!

I like the mirror finish on the back of the cab, anything reflective will just look good!

I can see why your builds take ages, 'more like creations

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

That’s very impressive

What's impressive?:lol: i can not believe i've gotten this far, nor done what i've done, the MAN should go slightly easier since it'll be similar to a certain extent and know what to try and not to try, this whole madness of making things fit has me forgetting how to tie my shoes.

Thank you fellow Tamiyan Citizens.

All for Fun and Fun for All 

waiting on 3mm all thread rod to tie in rear fender wheel guards. wanna see?, can't don't have my all thread yet.:o:)

Thanx a bunch Kevin_Mc.

Rear of the Cab.........................................................

SDC11131 (4).JPG

SDC11133 (4).JPG

SDC11140 (2).JPG

• Like 2

KevMc you have helped make this a most fun build, just wanted you to know that.

thanx very much.

p.s. it's almost there.

and Thank you's to Mr. Crumble and the others as well for the Props. and especially that funny fella J1145:D

always had a fondness  for Benny Hill in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as "The Toy Maker", and Vincent Price in Edward Scissor Hands,

"9" the movie, Steam Boy, Captain Nemo and yes even Tinker Bell, any thing to do with creating and building i'm watching, learning and trying.

And yes it's ok to fail for even the Phoenix rose from the ashes.

• Thanks 2

What in the world are these attached to?

coming to a Tamiya near you!

190 screws, (some nuts & washers) mostly all SS, Not incl. the chassis kit and wheel flange nuts.

this is only the under mid and part rear end areas.

SDC11164 (2).JPG

P.S. i'm posting pics as i'm finishing sections.

• Like 4

Wow the top side of that rear deck must be chokka block full of accessories... cNt wait to see it.... must be a fire extinguisher there somewhere? Prahaps a spare tyre???