Superba

Where do I buy brushes?

I have a Konghead fitted with a Bz tamiya brushed engine. I have run it fairly regularly now for a year. Probably twice a month for 30 mins a go. Firstly do I need to check the brushes, secondly if they are worn where do I buy new ones? 

Don't think after 12 hours they are worn out, easy to check move the spring and take the  brush out, pay attention to put it back in in the same position as it came out don't turn it. New ones  look at eBay, webshops. 

Here is one seller, but be mindful of the contact cross-sections. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commutator-Brushes-540-Sized-Motors-Stand-Up-Serrated-R-C-sold-in-pairs-ID-453/223297534676?hash=item33fd91fad4:g:VR8AAOSwtbtbcRct:rk:1:pf:0

Most brushes are about the same sizes, but the direction could be different.  If you were to cut the brush, the cross section isn't a perfect square.  Some motors have the long side perpendicular to the commutator axle, some motors have long side cross the axle.  

nifntoX.jpg

53581 is the Tamiya part number for the replacement brushes for the BZ motor. I believe 53486 is the commutator cleaning brushes.