Sign in to follow this  
jw3333

Fighting Buggy rear axle shafts

What are the options to replace the Fighting Buggy rear axle shafts with something different? I used the thread locker on the little allen set screws that go into the universal joints, but they still keep getting loose and then the axle falls out. I remember this happening on my Super Champ back in the 80's and I always ended up stripping the allen screws trying to get them tighter...  I bought these axle shafts that are a different design thinking they might work better, but they don't seem to fit with the lower control arms that come on the Fighting Buggy.  Ideas?

MS58700.JPG

3 hours ago, jw3333 said:

What are the options to replace the Fighting Buggy rear axle shafts with something different? I used the thread locker on the little allen set screws that go into the universal joints, but they still keep getting loose and then the axle falls out. I remember this happening on my Super Champ back in the 80's and I always ended up stripping the allen screws trying to get them tighter...  I bought these axle shafts that are a different design thinking they might work better, but they don't seem to fit with the lower control arms that come on the Fighting Buggy.  Ideas?

MS58700.JPG

Hi, These shafts are replacement for the RC channel double wishbone conversion set, so These only fit with the corresponding conversion set they sell.

So this is no cheap conversion, but very nice. I have them in my Sand Scorcher.

But have you ever tried to secure your screw with Loctite?

Br,

Matthias

The grub screws will keep coming undone if the UJ pivot doesn't exactly line up with the suspension arm pivot.

Fit the axle to the UJ in such a way that there is always a gap between the outer bearing and the hub at all angles of the suspension arm. The resulting

play in the axle will enable the UJ to find the position of least resistance where the pivot is concerned.

Since I've done this to mine the grub screws have stopped coming undone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1