Sign in to follow this  
svenb

EURO STOCK Motor

Any info out there about the EURO STOCK motor?? I can only find 1 picture of one on the internet.

What turns, RPM???

I want one now:rolleyes:

It's not a tamiya motor. It was sold in two different packagings with 2 slightly differnt stickers on the motor, one saying "produced by corally" and the other saying "produced by orion".

It was one of the motor authorized in the tamiya cup in some categories, during the mid to late 90s (TA03 era). Regarding specs, I seem to remember 18T but I'm not 100% sure.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 12:19 AM, svenb said:

Any info out there about the EURO STOCK motor?? I can only find 1 picture of one on the internet.

What turns, RPM???

I want one now:rolleyes:

Hi, i had a dive into old parts and paperwork boxes and i found this chart from the 1998 CARSON catalog

RIMG2957.thumb.JPG.2fad5b2ee0e4ed4ce2bb22874186e28c.JPG

the Euro Stock Motor #13774 is a 18 triple, same as a ORION Orbital #13654, as it is in the same cell with same recommended gearing

RIMG2963.thumb.JPG.a47275b4a428c81638bc53f313476e2d.JPG

But did you know that there was also a Euro Pro GT, 12 triple #TM71203 and a Euro Pro F1, 17 triple #TM71703Β  ?

RIMG2965.thumb.JPG.efb74853ea2127a2a107674372ad99a9.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks mate, a lot of information there πŸ˜πŸ‘

I have a bit of an thing for Tamiya branded electronic gear.

I never knew that the Euro stock wasn't made by Tamiya.

Β 

It was also the spec Motor in M-Chassis in 1997 in German Euro Cup. I raced it in my M02 in my only race In Sonneberg, Tamiya Germany Raceway. It was good power on the open track, and i converted my M02 from rear to FWD, as the Motor was alos timed in one direction. So RWD was a drawback on the M02 just because of loosing revolutions whenΒ  changing the polarity.:lol: I still have the Motor somewhere in my parts boxes, can dig it out the next days and make some photos, if you like. It was of a very good Quality, did not have any problems with it.

Br,

Matthias

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

It was also the spec Motor in M-Chassis in 1997 in German Euro Cup. I raced it in my M02 in my only race In Sonneberg, Tamiya Germany Raceway. It was good power on the open track, and i converted my M02 from rear to FWD, as the Motor was alos timed in one direction. So RWD was a drawback on the M02 just because of loosing revolutions whenΒ  changing the polarity.:lol: I still have the Motor somewhere in my parts boxes, can dig it out the next days and make some photos, if you like. It was of a very good Quality, did not have any problems with it.

Br,

Matthias

Great thanksπŸ‘

On β€Ž1β€Ž/β€Ž24β€Ž/β€Ž2019 at 12:15 AM, svenb said:

Great thanksπŸ‘

Back home again, and here the pics as promised. Technically still in good condition, just some scuffs. Case is an Yokomo one, sticker says Corally, and distribution was done by Dickie / Tamiya / Carson. There was a Special seal for the technical regulations to check wether the case was opened. Β 

P1100374.JPG

P1100370.JPG

P1100372.JPG

P1100373.JPG