Se7encm

Stadium Raider

Evening,

I had a Tamiya Stadium Raider about 20ish years ago. I've dug it out of the loft, but it's missing: shell, battery and charger. 

Looking around it seems about £40 for a shell, and another £40 for battery and charger. 

I only want it to drive around the garden with the kids. Any thoughts on whether it is worth spending the £80, or better to just get a new model for about £100 and move the electronics across? (It does still work, as I've borrowed a battery to check it)

Thanks for any advice you can give. 

The Stadium Raider is still a pretty decent basher even by today's standards, and bashing with company is more fun than with just one car, so I'd say do both. Get the old Raider running for yourself and get another car for the kids, sharing the charger.

The TL-01 chassis used by the Stadium Raider can take a wide variety of bodyshells, so you don't need to go for a £40 one.

• Like 1

You can pick up an 'aftermarket' body shell quite cheap .

Here is a for instance :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-RC-Car-195mm-Body-Shell-ISUZU-D-MAX-Pick-Up-Truck-4x4-Off-Road/123491481546?hash=item1cc0aa77ca:g:OvcAAOSwDPNb7ZV6:rk:10:pf:0

This shell is 195mm and the S/R is 190mm , but a bit of cutting about it would be great for a runner

The electronics in your S/R are an old type with a manual speed controller with a servo controlling it . These can be replaced with an electronic speed controller ( ESC ) , which only costs around £15 - £20 which will be more efficient , and you will also then have a spare servo for your steering should you need one .