graemevw

What have i bought? Super astute?

Bought a couple of cars, no idea what this is. More i look at it im not sure its tamiya.

KxYL4qg.jpg

And this one, super astute?

34SBjhT.jpg

And the main reason i bought them

AkLdVAm.jpg

First one looks like an HBX Bonzer, TL-01B clone with monster wheels. Pretty decent truck IMO, Tamiya missed a trick not making their own monster TL01.

8 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

First one looks like an HBX Bonzer, TL-01B clone with monster wheels. Pretty decent truck IMO, Tamiya missed a trick not making their own monster TL01.

Quick image search says yes, thats almost definitely what the truck is. I assume they were for sale at some point and now arent as ebay throws nothing up.

28 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Quick image search says yes, thats almost definitely what the truck is. I assume they were for sale at some point and now arent as ebay throws nothing up.

They were popular back in the 2000s, went through a few generations, gained higher shock towers and longer dampers etc. They still sell them now but for some reason you don't see them much apart from in Europe. 

Maybe because a lot of HBX stuff get's rebranded by FTX and so on and nobody want's to sell a Tamiya clone under their own name?

I believe it was superceded by an original HBX design quite a long time ago but the Bonzer is still available in some countries, 2.4ghz even!

https://top-modellbau.com/24-GHz-HBX-Monstertruck-Redy-To-Run-AU1-blue

They also sold a clone of the Baja King at one point and might still sell a buggy based on the platform.

• Like 1

Looks very like a WT-01, show me a side shot and I will tell you for sure

33 minutes ago, Baddon said:

Looks very like a WT-01, show me a side shot and I will tell you for sure

Side on pic, but i think were there with the HBX

UNAp0JD.jpg

8 minutes ago, Kaminagayuchi said:

The second is a Super Astute. 

The battery holder is missing and the « cap » of the ttc (sorry, I don’t know the correct word)

Thanks.

It's also missing the body, wing, 3 out of the 4 screws and weird nuts that hold the front end on and the front bulkhead parts are cracked.

But still, it was cheap!!!

There isnt a manual on here for this car, only the normal astute, so its hard to cross reference the parts.

Just a little update on the truck. Id not looked at it since, but i needed some turnbuckles for my lunchbox and noticed this had some so i started taking it apart. Cheap esc, am receiver and futaba servo are bonus spares. I took the turnbuckles out then wondered about the wheels. Yep, foams! So they have also gone in the lunchbox and when taking the wheels off i noticed the thing is ballraced!

For a truck that cost me nothing its turning out to be quite fruitful! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1