Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Dynatech 01r gearing/pinion size

docu0004.jpg

I have a tao2 with 74t spur. I have a dynatech 01r for it and am wondering what pinion to fit. Stock pinion is 21t, i guess i should drop a couple of teeth for the 19 turn motor, but this chart suggests a gear ration of 7.31:1 for this motor which suggests id be better off sticking with a 21t pinion.

It wont be raced, only messed around with, i just dont want anything to get overly hot.

Thanks.

I just found out the other spurs are available, so i could swap that out too if its really the best way. I guess what's confusing me is the recomended gear ration would require a bigger pinion than stock and id assumed you went down pinion size with hotter motors.

OK, the 01R is a milder motor and the TA-02 chassis is very high geared to begin with, I would suggest a 21 T pinion , run it and then look for the speed tuned gear set PN 47383 at a later date if you are so inclined.

I have a Top Force Evo running an 01R with a 21 T pinion and it could go higher, but it is running vintage electronics so it is fine to stay as is

• Like 1

Thanks, ill try it on 21t and see if it gets too hot, or is too slow off the line.

Looking through my spares i already have a steel 23t pinion so i can use that on a smaller spur if needed.

Thanks.