Cephas

Mini Lunchbox first run ๐Ÿ˜„

First run of my lunchbox that I have been building since Xmas. Ampro mods all round, 540 sport tuned and dyna blaster wheels.

Now it looks like the mini I had when I was in my 20s, and surprisingly handles almost as well. I know the it only has a base motor, but considering how much has been written adopt them rolling I was able to throw it into corners like it was on rails. Maybe itโ€™s because itโ€™s my first rc, but I think itโ€™s awesome ๐Ÿ˜„

216C865C-CAB3-442A-814D-F46D5632C815.jpeg

6C2C9205-6806-4003-A593-95B5C878B94D.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cephas said:

it only has a base motor

Sport Tuned is a bit above a base motor :) and the front mods and low centre of gravity help it handle the ST motor

Thought I would give the magnetic body mounts a go, didnโ€™t want to drill holes in the shell, have to say for holding Lexan shell in place they are excellentย 

Upgraded the steering turnbuckles to M4 as the length increased with the Ampro hop up, found the new turnbuckle ends (alloy this time) were larger. Required more modifications than I had intended.

1E0A4BC2-7A47-44F5-AC39-2FE21C24CE44.jpeg

Had too use some spacers to stop the ends rubbing and move the mounting point to below the servo horn to stop the larger setup from contacting the Ampro arms.

EEBD9FDD-1F4C-4DF9-B699-921DC458927B.jpeg